Sunday 22 May 2022

Sunday, 22-05-22


  Good morning!

Well, here I am, at Southwold for a week, staying in a very pleasant cottage close to the beach, with a good butcher, a good greengrocer, a small Tesco and a small co-op, all within a hundred steps of my front door.  How useful is that!
I'm not planning ahead this week - one of the joys of this holiday is deciding what I'm going to have and popping to the butcher to get what I want.  It also does cheese and cold meat but I bought cheese with me.  Cold meat for lunches sounds good though, if I fancy a change from the ham I brought with me and will boil this morning..
Having said that, I have got today's meat because they're closed on Sundays!  I'm having an easy day - an idle breakfast, maybe outside in the courtyard if the sun comes out, a lunch either here or maybe along the shore, a nice walk along the sand to Walberswick and back again and, maybe, a Lindsey class on YouTube.  That should work off yesterday's excesses to some degree.

Yesterday's meals

This is breakfast.  Loads of tomatoes because I had a huge beef tomato that was squishy and quite a lot of bacon (all fat cut off) to finish off so I didn't have the planned egg in the sandwich, which was fine.


My other meal was dinner, no photo, but it was nice.
I bought a lovely piece of fillet steak (I am on holiday, after all) and enjoyed that with some home made chips and a small salad.

Unfortunately, there was a welcome pack - very nice ground coffee, very posh crisps, very posh chocolate, posh milk in proper little bottles (semi-skimmed, so that's OK), an extremely posh jar of posh mayonnaise and a posh jar of strawberry jam.  Oh, and a bottle of 'lemon refresher - don't know if that's posh or not but I doubt it is SW friendly.  The crisps and the chocolate are no more and the mayo has been sampled - very nice with chips but I shudder to think of those syns.  I can take the jam and the drink home with me and any of the coffee and mayo that I don't have (and there will be some) can also come home.
Today's plans

B:  sweet omelette with fruit and yogurt
Yum!  Two eggs, some skinny syrup, a mixture of fruit and some Greek yogurt.  With a fresh cafetiere of coffee and a good book, what more could one ask of a leisurely Sunday breakfast?
SW:  protein, speed and free

L:  ham salad or ham roll with salad, depending on where I have it
The little Tesco didn't have wholemeal rolls but the little co-op did so I got a four pack, one for today (maybe) and three for the very decent sized freezer for a holiday cottage for other days.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for two cheese triangles in lieu of butter, one healthy extra B and the rest is protein, speed and maybe free

D:  roast chicken dinner - chicken wrapped in bacon, Jersey royals, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower; fruit salad and yogurt
I got a nice looking skinless, boneless chicken breast from the butcher and some of their own cured bacon which I remember as being absolutely gorgeous (and I am buying a whole load to take home with me for the freezer)
I'm planning to make a good jug of the not-Pimms as well.  The only thing I don't have is some mint.
SW:  should be protein and speed

Exercise:  a good walk along the sand and maybe Lindsey's aerobics class

Summary:
half a healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
I think it is syn free, not by design though.

No comments:

Post a Comment