Tuesday 3 May 2022

Tuesday, 03-05-22

 Good morning everyone!

More pondering about my holiday food - I'm putting together a bank of easily prepared, delicious, 'treat' dinners that I know I will love and which will satisfy the taste buds - and are SW friendly!   Ditto for favourite breakfasts although they are not so much of an issue.
And I will definitely up the syns I have - just for that week - if I 'need' them.
Yesterday's meals:

Pancakes for breakfast - delicious!



This was a lovely concoction.  The salad was just a salad but the chicken was delicious.
I spray fried some sliced onion, red pepper and mushroom and then added some chunked chicken breast and stir fried it until it was cooked through.  Then I just added two tbsp M&S mango and sweet chili dipping sauce which is one syn per tbsp.
That was it but it would be great with more veg, maybe a bit of fruit like pineapple or peach and some cashew nuts would work really well too.  I am definitely having this again.
I had an apple for afters.

Well, the lasagne was OK.  Very tasty, in fact, but you couldn't call it a proper cheese sauce made with a roux, good milk and lashings of grated cheese (it did have a good nutmeg flavour, I will give it that).  But I enjoyed it.
By the time I had finished speeding up the basic mince, I had enough to make two portions which cut the healthy extra As to one.
I've popped it in the freezer for another time.
A Mullerlight followed and that was me for the day.

This week's focus
still keeping that detailed diary for Jen
fifteen plus speed
two and a half syns




Today's plans:

B:  mushroom and tomato omelette
A mushroom  omelette, with tomatoes on the top.
SW:  speed and protein

L:  pitta pizza, salad; fruit
Using a pitta read for a base (or maybe a wrap, I'll decide nearer the time, I will spread over some tomato left over from the can I opened at the weekend and then top with onion, mushroom, pepper and grated cheddar.  I might add some bacon too, I will see.
SW:  one healthy extra B and one healthy extra A

D:  chicken dopiaza, green lentils; yogurt
I found this recipe on the SW site and will follow the spicing pretty much to the letter as I'm not over confident with curry.
I have some cooked green lentils in the freezer so I will serve them with the curry instead of rice.  It's a bit low on speed veg, that's the only thing, so I'll probably add mushrooms and peppers to the curry.
SW:  just half a syn for the yogurt

Exercise:  a walk, something on youtube
Change of plan - my hairdresser has had to reschedule so I'm off to one of Lindsey's classes this morning to see what it is like and if I would like to do it regularly.  I've got some credits from missed sessions so it's a freebie.

Summary
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
half a syn

From the freezer:
pitta
chicken
green lentils

2 comments:

  1. The lasagne looks good - I keep meaning to buy nutmeg. One pound off for me last evening so that's my stone and a half plus a bit and only two and a half to reach target. Daughter had her first gain but she had had a particularly social week and was expecting it, so was ok about it. Our Consultant wasn't there - again - I am glad that I am getting close to my target as there is no continuity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That['s a brilliant loss, well done to you, but such a shame the consultant isn't regular. It makes such a difference.
      As long as she knows why, that's the main thing, isn't it.
      Here's to losing the rest nice and quick now. xx

      Delete