Monday 30 May 2022

Monday, 30-05-22

  Good morning:

I'm away again and it's not the sort of break where I can control; what I eat completely, although I think I will do a modified post each evening because I really need something that will keep me properly on track.

I've been there before so I know what the meals are like and this is my plan.
Breakfast:  there's loads and loads of choice so no excuses.  I think that mostly I will stick to fruit and a 0% yogurt although perhaps I will have one cooked breakfast, maybe on the last day, before I have to leave.  They do eggy stuff as well - boiled eggs, poached eggs, etc.  Toast is provided unless you say 'no, thanks' so I hope I have the strength to say 'no thanks'.
Lunch:  There's a help yourself to salad bar and fruit for afters.  I do not have to have a three course meal, nor do I need to have alcohol.
Dinner:  There's always a roast carvery help yourself option.  Again, I do not have to have three courses or alcohol.
In fact, If I determine to have wine, etc, just on Thursday, that might work and stop me feeling 'deprived'.  After all, there's diet coke, coffee, tea, etc, on tap and all inclusive.

What do you think?  Will that work, I wonder?  Answers on a postcard, please.  :-)

Oh - and I won't be doing intermittent fasting this week - it just won't fit in.


Yesterday's meals:

Making mini omelettes worked fine and felt as if I had so much more, even though my brain told me I certainly didn't.  I speed up the process by starting each omelette in the little pain and then turning it out into a bigger heated [an to finish off while I started the next one.  OK, two pans to wash up but what's a dishwasher for?

Lunch was just chicken with some veg.  


No photo of dinner because I wasn't that hungry so just nibbled on a pitta.



Today's plans:

B:  cooked breakfast - bacon, egg, fried bread, mushrooms
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice wholemeal

L:  Chinese chicken curry and chips; fruit
I know this probably sounds really weird but I really do fancy it.  I will use the Mayflower curry sauce which is as near as you can get to a Chinese curry and that kind of curry is so nice with chips, I think.  I might not have any room for fruit but, if not, I can take some with me and have when I get there.
SW:  four and a half syns for one portion of curry sauce and that (said John) is that!

D:  Not sure yet.  However - one course and no wine.  Please send motivating vibes . . .

Exercise:  a good stroll around the Five Lakes 'estate' when I get there.

Summary:
unknown at the moment

From the freezer
bacon
bread

2 comments:

  1. You'll have a great time, I'm sure - and to be honest, I'd just go for it and have a really lovely break, not having to worry about cooking. Just practise damage limitation!! No recriminations afterwards - you only live once and I'm sure you can sort things out afterwards. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't go without, it's just a case of being sensible really . Thanks - you have a good week too! xx

      Delete