Sunday 15 May 2022

Sunday, 15-05-22

 Good morning!

Yesterday's meals

Breakfast.  I did cut all the fat off the bacon; that pale bit is because it didn't touch the pan so was less cooked, it isn't fat.

Because it was the crust/heel/whatever you call it of the loaf, I had just the one slice and am calling it a full B

This was very tasty.  It was, I seem to remember, the SW version of cajun chicken pasta bake and none the worse for a week in the freezer.

Afterwards I had an apple, of a kind I have not seen before.  Smitten.  It's lovely - sweet and tangy and juicy.  Very refreshing.


Dinner - the Pinch of Nom stroganoff - was good, although I wouldn't have called it stroganoff myself as the soft cheese isn't the same as crème fraiche or soured cream, and very filling.  I weighed out 40g basmati rice to cook and it was the perfect amount.
And I finished off with a Mullerlight.  Very nice !

I have a Good Food recipe which look fairly similar except that it uses crème fraiche and I could use the lower fat version and pay the few syns necessary.


Focus points
done the diary
no syn free or SP days yet
the syns have been low and the speeds high
Today's syn free plans

B:  pancakes with fruit and yogurt
I use 40g oat bran (or wholemeal flour and count it as a B, one egg, a dollop of 0% Greek yogurt, some sweetener and a splash of milk or water to make it pancake batter thick.  Adding baking powder makes the results a little lighter.
SW!  the oat bran is one B choice and the rest is protein and speed.  I'm not counting the splash of milk because a, it's so little it is negligible and b, I've not planned any A choices anyway!

L:  roast chicken, Jersey royals, veg; fruit
A while ago, I was expecting Beth and Alex round and they couldn't come so I popped the chicken I had bought in the freezer and we're having it today.  I know Alex will want roasties but I'm having Jersey royals, cooked with a few sprigs of mint.  Lovely!!
If I avoid the cranberry sauce and have free gravy, it will fit in to my syn free day.
SW:  protein, speed and free

D: leftover chicken curry, leftover veg; yogurt
Here's the recipe . . .
and it looks remarkably similar to the chicken dopiaza I made a few weeks ago and that was very nice.  The only difference seems to be that it uses cooked chicken.
I have some passata in the freezer so I'll use that and add some fresh tomatoes for texture.
And I will make the yogurt syn free by using 0% Greek yogurt and adding some skinny syrup and some crushed strawberries or similar.  It's swings and roundabouts with Mullerlight as far as calories are concerned but it's syn free.
SW:  it should all be protein, free and speed and syn free

Exercise:  probably a rest day

Summary:
no healthy extra A apart from a splash of milk
one healthy extra B
no syns - one day down!


From the freezer
passata
chicken
syn free gravy (it's beef gravy but not to worry)

3 comments:

  1. We really like the stroganoff - have it fairly frequently. Oh, my goodness! I sat outside on my lonesome yesterday and made a glass of "Pimms". What an amazing discovery - thoroughly enjoyed it and it certainly looked like the real deal and to be honest, apart from a very slight after taste, I think it could fool a lot of people! I think having scaled down the quantities I might have added a touch too much balsamic but it was sooo close. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it. It's definitely a winner when you want to have something 'special' without using loadsa syns. I expect I will make a half litre jugful at a time, with the fruit added and then pour it over ice in the glass.
      xx

      Delete