Thursday 5 May 2022

Thursday, 05-05-22

Good morning.

Yesterday's meals:
Yum.  Gotta love a cooked breakfast!
This was lovely.
I roasted squash and sweet potato (in the Ninja, air fry setting) with a good shake of cajun seasoning for twenty mins, then added onion, mushroom, yellow pepper and baby corn and continued for five minute before adding some cooked cherry tomatoes (from a can) for the last five minutes.
In the centre I popped some leaves, then the cooked edamame beans and 40g goat's cheese and, because it just needed it, I added some of my dressing - half a tsp grain mustard, half a tsp agave nectar and one tsp lime juice.
I'll do that again, that's for sure!
Afters was an apple.
Very filling, this was!  I'm so glad I didn't have chips as well.
I added a squeeze of mayo for half a syn.
A yogurt finished off the day.


Focus points:
the diary is up to date and ready to print off
fifteen speeds
two syns

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW  speed and protein

L:  lasagne and salad; fruit
This is the leftovers from the other day.
SW:  one healthy extra A

D:  beef pie, assorted veg; yogurt
I want to cook some butternut squash, carrot and sweet potato to make a kind of cheesy mash to top some slow braised beef.
SW:  one healthy extra A and half a syn for the yogurt

Exercise:  Lindsey is making a video of her new Groove block and wanted some people to do it so she was taking a class rather than just performing.  I offered  . . .  seeing as the only person being filmed is Lindsey.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
half a syn


From the freezer:
lasagne
squash
sweet potato
braised beef

3 comments:

  1. I'm pondering as to whether I should buy an air fryer - they look amazing. Had a very bad day yesterday - OH's cancer operation, due tomorrow, was cancelled and rescheduled for 15th June. THE 15th JUNE!!!! We were supposed to be at a wedding today which I had to cancel as thought we'd be isolating. Daughter took a week of leave .Have rearranged our lives for the next 2 months - all completely unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get a lot of use from mine.

      Oh, no, Julia, that's awful. I hope it was totally unavoidable to postpone. It's not just the practical implications, it's also a mental health thing too. ((( hugs )))
      xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Joy. Our only consolation is that our friend here, who is also waiting for a cancer op, has been told June. He is in pain, OH isn't at all, which is a massive blessing.

    ReplyDelete