Sunday 29 May 2022

Sunday, 29-05-22

 Good morning:

I've had to change my plans today because, when I was at Dave and Anna's yesterday, they gave me a cooked chicken, one of three Anna had picked up, greatly reduced, from Morrisons.  Earlier this morning I stripped it and the carcass is slowly bubbling away as I type this.  So that's a roast chicken dinner for minimum effort and minimum cost!  I'll take that!

Yesterday's meals:

I didn't get breakfast photo-ed.  I was in a rush to eat it before going outside to watch the RideLondon race pass by.

This was lunch.  Nice and simple and very tasty.

No photo of dinner either - because I was out at Dave and Anna's, enjoying a takeaway Indian (Gurkha, specifically) meal and very good it was too.  I will have gone over the syns but, as I was driving home, I stayed off the wine so that was good.


Today's plans:

B:  sweet omelette with fruit and yogurt
Today, I'm going to use the little egg pan to make mini omelettes just for the look of it really!
SW:  protein and speed

L:  roast chicken, roasted sweet potato, squash, onion and pepper, broccoli, carrots; fruit
Just what it says, nice and simple.  I have a few strawberries to pick and some melon to use up so might make a fruit salad with them.
SW:  I'm hoping this will be protein, speed and free

D:  steakwich with fried onions and a side salad; yogurt
I have some steak that I thawed and never used (fortunately, steak is OK in the fridge for a few days) so I will probably use a pitta, cook the steak, maybe slice it, maybe not, and insert it into the pitta with some mustard and some spray fried onion.  Nice and filling!
SW:  one healthy extra B (the pitta), half a syn for one tsp Dijon mustard and half a syn if I have a Mullerlight

Exercise:  nothing much, just a bit of garden pottering today

Summary
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one syn

From the freezer
steak
squash
sweet potato

2 comments:

  1. I like that you use a special pan just for the appearance, I think we eat with our eyes before our belly👍❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it does make a difference. xx

      Delete