Monday 2 May 2022

Monday, 02-05-22

 Good morning everyone!

I've been pondering my eating behaviours over the last little while.  
While I wouldn't go so far as to say it is 'disordered', there's definitely patterns I would like to change or at least have more control over.  One is holiday eating; it's when I am away that the weight piles on again, I can see it happening and I need to deal with it.   It's a very old pattern, dating way back before SW days, but becoming more noticeable as I have more holidays and short breaks away.
Yes, the occasional treat never did anyone any harm but the frustrating thing is that I really do love my healthy meals, I enjoy preparing them, I enjoy knowing they are (usually) good for me.  But on holiday, the very time when I should be enjoying myself, I go mad with piles of junk food.  Truly, it is junk food, not just too much of the good stuff and it doesn't make me feel good at all.

So I am pondering possible strategies to change that damaging mind set because I have another holiday looming.
Ho hum!!
Yesterday's meals:

I've only just 'discovered' sweet omelettes.  Goodness knows why it's takes so ;long as I've done savoury omelettes since I was a child.
This one was really nice.

I also had a couple of plums earlier in the day.


This was a nice lunch.  I followed it with fruit.

Annoyingly, the dinner photos didn't come out well at all.   I had the camera on the wrong setting, I think.

Today's plans:

B:  oat bran pancakes, fruit and yogurt
I haven't had these for ages and just really fancy them today.  I have fruit salad left over from yesterday.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the oat bran

L:  sticky chicken salad; fruit 
I'm going through a hungry spell (again) so am upping my protein at lunch.  I'm defrosting some chicken breast and will stray fry it with pepper, mushroom and some corn saved from yesterday's mixed veg before adding up to two tbsp M&S mango and sweet chilli sauce.
SW:  two syns for two tbsp sauce

D:  rich beef lasagne, salad; yogurt
Another recipe from the SW site which I will adapt, using a portion of my frozen basic mince with a few jazz-ups.  I will use their suggestion for  a sauce which is yogurt, eggs and nutmeg (hmmmm ??? - but let's give it a go) and I'll probably up the cheese content because - you know - cheese!
The recipe seems to be available elsewhere than just the SW site, here -
https://www.goodto.com/recipes/slimming-world-beef-lasagne
- and I'll let you know.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As and half to one syn for dessert

Exercise:  there's no circuits today so I'll put some routines together.

Summary
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three syns

From the freezer:
chicken
basic mince

No comments:

Post a Comment