Friday 26 October 2018

Friday, 26-10-18

Good morning.

Really pleased with my pound and a half off this week, especially as the weekend was something of a disaster.  Very delicious, not SW compatible, but it does goes to show that one can let go from time to time.  Now I'm only one pound away from my club ten certificate (10% body weight lost) so that's my aim for next week.

I've just finished the week's planning (my 'weeks' go from Friday) and have planned in some new recipes to keep the interest up.  I now have a bulging folder of recipes to try so that should keep things ticking over nicely for some time to come.

Today's plans
B:  bacon, egg and tomato toastie
I picked another potful of tomatoes yesterday.  It could be the last picking as I expect we will get a frost over the weekend and I'm going to cut the remaining tomatoes and ripen them indoors, I think.
SW:  one healthy extra B (which is the reason it's a 'toastie' rather than just a cooked breakfast)

L:  leek and potato soup.
Soup is almost always frugal - this one certainly will be.  I find zizzing potato makes the soup gloopy so I cook the potato separately, mash it well and then mix it in.  It works a treat.
SW:  free unless I add some milk, which I might well so.  If so, the milk will replace the cheese snack.

D:  salmon (from the freezer), salt and pepper chips (a Pinch of Nom recipe which I've not made before) and a side salad; fruit yogurt
The salmon isn't cheap but the rest will be.  I have to make a spice mix for the salt and pepper chips but I have everything in so that's not a problem.
SW:  free apart from one syn for the yogurt

Snacks:  fruit, 40g cheddar (maybe)

I'm being very strict today as over the weekend I will be eating out at least twice so I'm saving in advance.  Saving syns is an accepted 'thing' but I'd rather not make a habit of it.

Advance 'warning' - I won't be posting on Sunday but will be back, guns blazing, on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment