Monday 8 October 2018

Monday, 08-10-18

Good morning.

Yesterday's food was great.  The breakfast souffle was easy and definitely a keeper, the lunchtime soup was just the ticket after a good swim and dinner was also good.  I did have the prosecco after all and it didn't trigger anything but might have done, had I not been so tired.

Today's plans:
B:  overnight oats with blueberries and toffee yogurt
After several 'English' style breakfasts, I am craving the simplicity of oats again.  I've used toffee flavoured Mullerlight for flavour because I like it very much!
SW:  one syn for the yogurt, half my healthy extra A and all of my healthy extra B

L:  chunky chicken soup
I have a bit of soup left over from yesterday and a bit of stock from the roast chicken plus a bit of chopped chicken so I will add some diced veg (potato, carrot, onion, mushroom) to make a chunky soup.
SW:  should be free

D:  cheesy tuna and potato cakes with a salad
Bit of an unoriginal invention, this.  I shall boil and mash some potatoes, mix the mash with some flaked tuna (canned in brine) and a couple of Laughing Cow wedges plus seasonings to taste and then shape into potato cakes and fry in spray oil.  I suppose I could also add a bit of flaked ham too.
I only have very simple salad ingredients - lettuce, pepper, tomatoes and a bit of carrot (which I shall grate to go further) but that's what I like.
SW:  the cheese wedges are the other half of my healthy extra A and the rest is free unless I have some mayo which will be two syns per level tbsp (Hellman's light mayo as they didn't have any lighter than light in the shop and I didn't bring any from home).

Ss:  fruit
I have allotment apples which are really delicious now - I think we started picking them a bit too soon, something to remember for next year.  The redloves are so pretty, tinted a deep pink all the way through.

This apartment is lovely and, for a holiday thing, is really nicely appointed but I do miss having my little gadgets to hand when cooking.  I also miss not being able to buy one of this or two of that as all the veg comes in bags.  I like a little challenge though, so no problems.

I'm glad I cooked that ham just before I left home.  It's been jolly useful one way and another and cold meat at the ParcMarket is hardly cheap.  I know I said I wasn't going to focus particularly on frugality this holiday week but even so!  I was really naughty yesterday and treated myself to a sirloin steak, even though I nearly swooned at the price.  It did look nice and I remembered to pack a steak knife with that in mind so I have a bit of a treat in store.  I'll probably have it with a cheesy mushroom sauce on top - simple and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment