Tuesday 16 October 2018

Tuesday, 16-10-18

Good morning!

The toastie yesterday was most successful so I did a separate post about it.  What with one thing and another, I hadn't had a toastie for over a year and it went down very well indeed.  I think I shall try a cheese and tuna filling next time.

The five spice chicken was OK, very edible, but I'm not likely to do it regularly.

Today's SP plans
B:  a cooked breakfast with bacon, egg, tomato, mushroom and a potato waffle
The waffle is not a free food, it is synned so it should be OK to have it.  I could splash out on a couple of Heck chicken sausages for half a syn but that might be going a bit too far so I won't.

L:  broccoli soup
Before my holiday, I zizzed a broccoli stem into bits and froze them, ready for when I wanted some soup.  Today's the day!
The soup itself is all free food and I shall add some soft cheese for half a healthy extra A

D:  cheesy beans on toast
Not great for speed but the beans are free and the 20g of lighter cheddar is the other half of my healthy extra A while the wholemeal toast is a healthy extra B

Ss:  2xHi Fi bars (healthy extra B) and fruit,  Might have a Mullerlight too

Not a bad day, frugally speaking, and it all works well with SP.

I went shopping yesterday and topped up with stuff.  I'm a fan of the Heck chicken chipolatas - they're not like pork sausages (obviously) but they are tasty and the chicken ones are half a syn for two.  I now have, in the freezer, some ordinary flavoured ones, some 'Italia' ones that smell of herbs and garlic and some paprika ones that I could use if a spicy chorizo type flavour is needed.  They're all individually frozen now for flexibility.

I then wandered over to the fish counter and splashed out on some cod (ouch) and some smoked basa (way more reasonable).

They also had some very lean back bacon on special so I got some, cut off all the fat (there wasn't much) and then froze in twos

The only thing on my list that I couldn't find was a butternut squash.  I'm off to a farm shop with a friend tomorrow so will look there.

What with the chicken I bought over the weekend, I am well set up for SP eating for ages to come now.  No excuses.


2 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, pity you don't live near me, you could have a couple of our homegrown squashes, they've done really well this year. I like cheese & tuna toasties. You sound like you're all organised for future meals, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pity - I'd love to barter something for a squash or two. What a lovely thing to say, thank you.
      Serves me right for not planting any at the allotment this year really!
      I think I have all the resources, more or less, I just need to keep the motivation and determination. My fingers are crossed.

      Delete