Thursday 25 October 2018

Thursday, 25-10-18

Good morning.

Yesterday's food was really lovely and it all worked - the breaded fish, the toastie, all delicious.  I didn't waste most of the egg I was using for the egg-and-breadcrumbing and I used up all the breadcrumbs (it's amazing how much crumb you get from one small slice of bread!), not to mention the other half of the tin of tuna.

Today's food plans:
B:  cooked breakfast - bacon, sausage, beans, egg, tomatoes, mushroom
A bit lavish today perhaps but all SW free.  I want to stay within plan but have a substantial meal as it's weigh day and I shall have just a light lunch and not have dinner until after the meeting.  It's not as costly as it sounds because the beans are leftovers that I froze, the sausage is home made and the bacon was some on special offer while the tomatoes are from the garden

L:  apple and orange
The light lunch!  I have a bit of soup left over from Tuesday, not enough for a bowlful, so I might have that in a cup - home made cuppa-soup!
SW free

D:  cuban beef and cauliflower rice
I've never made cauliflower rice before but there's always a first time!  At least it should be quick while the beef is from the freezer so only needs reheating.
SW free

I know - where's the healthy extras?  I don't know right now.  I might have some milk before I go to bed - Decades ago, I rather liked warm milk before bedtime and, goodness knows, the evenings are getting chilly nowadays.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with tonight's weigh in, Joy. The breakfast sounds good. If I get up in the night, I have half a mug of warm soya milk. If I have it before I go to bed, I have to get up for a wee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)
      I have to get up for a wee anyway so that wouldn't be an issue!
      Thanks for the good luck.
      xx

      Delete