Wednesday 24 October 2018

Wednesday, 24-10-18

Good morning!
The macaroni cheese topped veg thing yesterday was absolutely scrummy.  Beth took some home and I have three pots of the vegetable and chickpea base in the freezer for other meals.  I just love macaroni with Dairylea and pasta water to make the cheese sauce.  So, so easy.  Even when I stop doing SW, I'll be making it like this.

Today's plans
B:  fried egg on potato waffle, mushrooms or tomatoes
Not all that expensive, especially if I have tomatoes from the garden
SW:  Morrisons potato waffles are two syns (others are more!)

L:  tuna cheese toastie, salad
Half a can of tuna (the other will go in the freezer for another time), mixed with grated cheese.  I might soften some onion as well, we will see.  The salad is simple - peppers, lettuce (gifted) and tomatoes (garden).
SW:  using my healthy extras for this plus one syn on some cheese spread.

D:  cod and chips with mushrooms and butternut squash; jelly
I'm using home made wholemeal breadcrumbs and 'wasting' a small egg so I can have the cod baked in breadcrumbs which I infinitely prefer to plain baking.  The chips will be made the SW way and I can bake the fish and roast some squash at the same time - better use of oven heat which I do tend to be a bit careless about.
SW:  three syns for the slice of bread to make breadcrumbs and one and a half syns for the sugar free jelly (might have all of it, some as a dessert and some as a snack)

Ss:  apple

Note to self - find other ways of cooking fish.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment