Wednesday 10 October 2018

Wednesday, 10-10-18

Good morning!

Today's meal plans with two days to go before the holiday is all over.

B:  overnight oats, flavoured yogurt, blueberries
Cooked breakfasts are very nice, but I do miss my breakfast oats!  More frugal than bacon and egg too.  However, I am down to my last egg which I want to save for Friday morning - no point buying another half dozen now
SW:  one syn for the yogurt, the milk will be half a healthy extra A and the oats will be my healthy extra B

L:  cheesy tuna jacket with salady bits
I'm looking to use things up now.  I shall bake a couple of smallish potatoes, mash the potato with two laughing cow triangles, spoon it back in and top with the other half of the can of tuna I used for the potato cakes.  The salady bits will be mostly pepper, lettuce and tomato, I expect. 
SW:  the cheese is the other half of my healthy extra A and if I have the mayo, a level tbsp will be 2 syns

D:  sirloin steak with a blue cheese and mushroom sauce, sweet potato chips, tomatoes
I will try making the sauce by softening finely chopped mushroom in some spray oil before melting in a couple of Laughing Cow blue cheese triangles.  It may work or it might be nasty.  Time will tell.
Not frugal in the slightest although the tomatoes are from garden and allotment and I'm so glad I brought them with me.  They are delicious!
SW:  The cheese is three syns, the rest is free.


2 comments:

  1. You've really got this cracked, sounds amazing although I hate blue cheese. Tastes like soap to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stilton but have no idea what these wedges will taste like so my fingers are crossed really. Here's hoping.
      xx

      Delete