Wednesday 10 October 2018

Recipe: easy cheesy tuna potato cakes

I didn't weigh out amounts so it's a case of thinking 'one portion' (or however many you need)

Ingredients:
some cooked and mashed potatoes - I made mine fresh but leftover mash would work too
half a tin of tuna, drained and broken into bits
two Laughing Cow Light triangles
seasonings
a spring onion (the bulb and some of the green), very finely chopped
fresh herbs of choice would be lovely - I didn't have any.

Method
Pop the mash into a bowl and squash in the soft cheese using a fork.
When that's more or less incorporated, stir in the spring onion, taste and season.
Lastly, gently stir in the tuna.

With your hands, shape into potato cakes (or whatever shape you want - cakes is easiest), spray a non stick pan with oil and fry on one side until golden brown.  Spray the top of the cakes and, very carefully, turn the cakes over to brown the other side.  By the time that's done, they will be hot all through.

Serve immediately.  I had a salad with it.  Some sauce or mild chutney might be nice too.  Basically, it's fried potato with things added and next time I probably won't faff around shaping it but just bung it into the pan.  A bit of spice would have added to the flavour.  So would a good dollop of butter but I'm not going there!!!

It was OK!  And I forgot to take a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment