Friday 6 March 2020

Friday, 06-03-20

Good morning.

The weather was horrible yesterday so it's just as well the food made up for it!  I only took photos of lunch, which was the main meal.

The bean burgers turned out to be lentil burgers and they were delicious.  They came from a farm shop that has frozen food that you scoop into a bag and I must go back and see if they have any more.  I know the plate looks a bit messy but it was all good!


B:  overnight oats with fruit and yogurt; mini yogurt drink
SW:  one heB and half an A plus half a syn for some fruit yogurt and two syns for the drink

L:  cheese and bacon crustless quiche and salad
SW:  one heA for the cheese and one syn for some mayo

D:  beef and pork meatballs in a spicy tomato and veg sauce, wholewheat pasta; yogurt
I'm going to use some very lean beef mince and Aldi skinny sausages (both from the freezer) plus some grated onion and maybe a few other bits and bobs to make the meatballs while the sauce will be based on a can of chopped tomato and some chopped bacon.  If I add any breadcrumbs, they will be synned.
I have some wholewheat tagliatelle which should work really well with meatballs.
SW:  the sausages are half a syn each, any breadcrumbs won't be much at all and half a tbsp oil will be three syns.

S: fruit

Body Magic:  It was going to be an hour with Lindsey but she's still not 100% so we're giving it a miss for this week.  I'll go for a walk or, maybe, I might go for a swim this afternoon - see how I feel

Summary:
two heAs and one B - perfect!
around seven and a half syns
nothing terribly extravagant today
I can stick to the usual window of eleven to seven - 8:16

I ponder - once one accepts that one could use up to 40g wholemeal flour as a heB (which I have but don't tell Slimming World!), one could have a go at wholemeal Yorkshire puddings, couldn't one?  I wonder if they would work using spray oil.  What do you think?


4 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. No idea about the Yorkies….but you can test them out for us! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > So I can. I'm really not sure as I think the oil is important for the light and crunchy texture but - well, worth a try anyway!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried it but Hint of Helen has an actifry recipe for toad in the hole which may be worth a read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, interesting. I feel a toad in the hole coming on next week sometime. Many thanks!
      xx

      Delete