Thursday 12 March 2020

Thursday, 12-03-20

Good morning.
Yesterday wasn't conventional, meal-wise, but I did manage two tasty ones.

For breakfast, I suddenly decided to have a go with wholemeal SR flour instead of oats to make the waffles and, to my delight, they worked a treat.  I used more or less the same recipe as the oats but with 50mls milk instead of yogurt (I'll try the yogurt next time).  They came out lighter than the oat ones with less substance to them, crunchy and delicious.  40g flour made one whole round and another quarter so next time I'll either use 35g flour and adjust the milk/yogurt as well or eat three and freeze a couple of quarters.
As it was a two meal day, I had the lot with natural yogurt and berry fruits plus some agave nectar and wow!

The meeting I was going to was postponed so I held off having dinner until the usual time, filling in a hungry gap with three easy peelers.  Dinner was lovely.  I changed the jacket potato for some parsnip and made carrot and parsnip chips.  I know it looks dull and ordinary but, in fact, it was absolutely delicious!


Today is another of those days where I have to be a bit manipulative.  During the day I will be out to RHS Hyde Hall with my friend, Jackie.  Later on it's pottery.  As Jackie and I will be eating at Hyde Hall and earlier than usual for me, I shall continue the mini fast until lunchtime, which gives me a bit of leeway with choice.
Then Beth may be round for a light meal before we set out for pottery.
One has to be flexible!!

L:  I don't know but Hyde Hall has a lovely selection of 'light' meals in its restaurant - I say light but really they're not my idea of light in quantity.  There's no menu online as I suppose it varies depending on what's seasonal.

D:  lentil-veg burger, actifry chips, beans
Last time I had the lentil burgers, I spray fried them.  This time I will try spray baking them on parchment and see how that works.
SW:  I truly don't know but I think if I say three syns for the burger it will more than cover it; they're not fatty or anything.  And one syn for oil for the chips as I will share them with Beth

S:  piece of fruit

Body Magic:  A good walk at Hyde Hall - up the hill, round the gardens and back down again!

No summary today as the whole SW thing isn't really applicable today.  I shall be thinking calories instead.  Nor will tomorrow be but I will tell you about that tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. The waffles look delicious. I think I'll get my waffle maker out at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > They can look very tempting, can't they?
      xx

      Delete