Monday 2 March 2020

Monday, 02-03-20

Good morning.

Well, the 'some sort of soup' turned out really well.  Dad had seconds, which was nice, and there's two portions in his freezer for the next week or so.  It was just a bean and veg affair (onion, carrot, butternut squash, sweet potato, red pepper, mushroom, mixed beans, peas and orzo) and, as we had broccoli for dinner, I diced the stem and added that too.  I love no waste!


Today's plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt
Just nice and light, nothing too heavy
SW:  two syns for the mini yogurt

L:  savoury pancakes with bacon and tomato; mini yogurt drink
I found some YS tomatoes the other day - 6p for packs six - so I got three packs and will slice and spray fry some to have with the bacon medallions - they're much more flavoursome when cooked.  Also, I rather fancy using my wholemeal recipe to make some savoury pancakes - 35g flour, one egg, some natural yogurt and some seasonings (I might try some cajun spice).  I'll probably layer or roll them with the cooked tomatoes and sprinkle the chopped bacon on the top
SW:  I know this amount of batter makes six or seven pancakes so I'll have half of them and freeze the rest, so this will be half a heB  and if I sprinkle over some grated cheese, that will be a heA

D:  chicken and veg
I'll flatten out the chicken and I might use one slice of my bread to make breadcrumbs and egg-and-breadcrumb the chicken before spraying and, probably, oven baking.  As for the veg, I'll see what I have in the fridge/freezer - I know I still have some runner beans from last summer and ought to use them up in the next few months
SW:  half a heB plus a couple of suns for some onion chutney

S:  fruit

BM:  a walk in the afternoon

Summary:
one heA and one heB
four syns
apart from the chicken, it's all quite frugal today and the chicken itself is Aldi happy chicken so pretty good value really
the usual eating window of between eleven and seven

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy. I'm very glad I dipped into your blog today, thank you. I'm having a similar slow journey back from Christmas and had bought my first ever countdown, a 6 week one. Tomorrow is the last week of that and I had 9lbs to get off, I told myself if I didn't do it in the 6 weeks or at least get very close then I was throwing the towel in. So I'll keep going even though I've barely touched any losses. The encouragement we get from others is amazing so after reading your last two day's entries I'lyt?l keep the towel firmly in the airing cupboard. The last few days have been a bit difficult as my sil suffered a massive stroke on Thursday night and I do comfort eat and drink but I'm the one in charge of my mouth. Still love your blogs, thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lyn. I'm really glad that you've found my ramblings so helpful, thanks very much for letting me know.
      Do keep going - after all, what's the alternative?
      So very sorry about your sister - you must be feeling under considerable stress right now. Sending love. xx

      Delete
  2. It's difficult when there's little we can do at the moment for my brother and niece, very early days x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very difficult, I agree. One feels so helpless.
      xx

      Delete