Sunday 22 March 2020

Sunday, 22-03-20

Good morning!

A very nice breakfast.  I warmed up the left over waffle quarters in the oven and then cut each quarter into two.  The yogurt is orange with chocolate sprinkles and I had just a few raspberries that were just on the turn so I mashed them and had them as well.  Really fresh and tasty.


Lunch was the soup mix soup as described yesterday and it looked boring but tasted warming and satisfying.  Given that it's free, I might have some as a snack today.
The dinner 'sort of lasagne' was really nice and, again, made way more than I had room for - I could only manage half of what's in the photo.
Like Friday, there's now a neat, wrapped pack of 'sort of lasagne' in the freezer.




And the stewed rhubarb and custard yogurt was lovely!

Today's SW menu plans:
B:  mushroom omelette, tomatoes on the side (from the garden, frozen last year); mini yogurt drink
SW:  should be free except for two syns for the yogurt drink

L:  smoked salmon pate with carrot goujons and pitta bread slices; apple
The pate is just smoked salmon, zizzed well with cottage cheese, some mayo, some dill, pepper and lemon juice.
SW:  one heB, one syn for the mayo

D:  a good old roast dinner; fruit salad and yogurt
This will consist of roast turkey (leftovers from Christmas), one Yorkshire pudding (home made and from the freezer), stuffing (from a packet mix combined with the contents of one skinny sausage and some sage from the garden), roasties and veg.  I also have some gravy saved from the steak and kidney the other day.  OK, it won't match the meat but who cares?  Not me!
I reckon this will be a real treat and very little trouble as the meat and the Yorkshire are both already cooked.
SW:  complicated!  one and a half syns for the Yorkshire (rather than a quarter healthy extra B), half a syn for the sausage, one syn for the stuffing mix, and I'm calling the gravy free as I counted it all the other day.  I know you're not supposed to do that but I can't be bothered to work it out!  If I use oil for the roasties, that will be two syns; it's enough for more than one portion of roasties so I might possibly do a bit extra and keep half for another day.

S:  fruit, soup mix soup

BM:  I'm doing a lot of moving around right now, as I sort and tidy.  Apart from that, some balance exercises and one of Lindsey's recordings.

Summary:
one heB but I don't seem to have any As (yet)
eight syns
a lot of dinner is leftovers which is good

1 comment:

  1. I've always been a bit of a leftovers lady, it's just more urgent now, I think. Many dishes have much better flavour on the second day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete