Monday 23 March 2020

Monday, 22-03-20

Good morning!

Yesterday's meals all went well.



Those tomatoes may look like nothing on earth but they were from the garden, peeled and frozen.  I popped them in a pan with the juice that had come out and boiled them down so the flavour remained without the liquid and they were sublime.  It's too easy to forget how good they taste in comparison.


Here we are - a nice, healthy lunch with one of the pots of smoked salmon pate that I used.
















 

Dinner may look beige and overloaded but, my word, it was good.  The gravy was some I saved from the tin of steak and kidney so in no way should go with turkey in but it did, it was all delicious.
For the record, the Yorkshires were the two I froze.  I just popped them in the oven beside the stuffing with fifteen minutes to go and they came out light and crunchy.  I really rather fancy making a batch of them for future meals.
Today's plans are . . .
B:  fruit salad and yogurt; mini yogurt drink
SW:  two syns for the mini drink

L:  left over soup mix soup with a sprinkle of cheese (30g) on top; apple
Made last week and very satisfying and filling.  I will add some milk as it is pretty thick.  Not a lot of soup mix made loads of soup so there's two portions in the freezer (all written down!) as well.
SW:  half heA for added milk and one for the cheese

D:  chicken and veg jalfrezi curry, basmati rice; fruit
Another from the freezer, this was, I think, half a Iceland/SW ready meal or maybe it used a SW ready sauce.  Anyway, it made loads and was nice enough to want to keep.
When I defrost it, if it doesn't look enough, I can put together a quick lentil dahl to accompany it.
The rice is another from the freezer.  Not wholegrain but I have it so I'm using it.
SW:  this should be free

S:  easy peelers

Body Magic.  I might go on a walk - it should be safe enough as long as I keep distance (which I will).  Otherwise, the days are lively at the moment as I'm tidying and sorting, in and out, up and down!

Summary
one and a half heAs and maybe I will have a roll or a couple of slices of my bread with the soup for a heB.  I'll see how I feel nearer the time
two syns
the Iceland/SW meals/sauces are not cheap but when they are enough for two portions that makes them more reasonable; otherwise it's a frugal day

4 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. Those tomatoes look delicious - we had the last of our homegrown tomatoes in a sauce out of the freezer last week, the taste is just so much better than shop bought, isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's simply no comparison, I agree. It's too easy to forget how truly delicious they are and I have a few more pots to use. Excellent!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love cooked tomatoes with a chunk of crusty bread. It really is the simplest meals that are often the tastiest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, gosh, yes. Mum used to make tea once a week like that. Sometimes she would fry bacon first and then cook the tomatoes in bacon fat. Total ambrosia!
      xx

      Delete