Sunday 1 March 2020

Sunday, 01-03-20

Good morning.
I was so pleased at how yesterday went.  Usually I find my weekends quite challenging at Dad's with all sorts of 'naughty' foods available and up for grabs.  Yesterday went really well though so I'm holding on to that for today too.

As it's the first of a new month, let's do a bit of reviewing the situation, as Fagin sang.

The pre-Christmas weigh gain is slowly vanishing again although it's not coming off as fast as I had hoped.  This happened before around this weight - there was a sort of plateau thing and one just has to push through it.  It looks as if it took three months to pile it on and three months to lose it again.
However, the clothes all fit better now, a huge relief!

The Slimming World plan suits me so well and I see no reason to deviate from it.  I apply some common sense to the sillier aspects of it all (e.g. tweaks, synning cooked fruit) and don't mention this in group or in the local facebook group because one person's common sense wouldn't necessarily work for anyone else.

I'm also very happy with the restricted eating.  It's not always possible, of course, it does depend what I have planned for the day, but generally I manage to fit the meals in between ten or eleven and seven.  It's curbed my evening nibbles completely.

I've had a more or less dry January and February (with a few exceptions, all for good reasons) and see no reason why this shouldn't continue into the spring and summer.  Occasionally I miss the glass of wine but so often it turned into more than one glass and - just no!

I'm also carrying on with the personal training as long as I can afford it.  It's doing me the world of good, both physically and mentally.  Stamina and balance have improved.  I'm happy about that.


Today's plans:
B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt
SW:  one heB and half a heA, two syns for yogurt

Lunch:
home made soup of some kind - I need to see what's available to use; yogurt
SW:  half a syn for yogurt

D:  pork steak, roasties and veg; melon
The pork is very lean and it's what Dad fancies so fine by me.  I might make a sort of apple and onion sauce to go with the pork but with spray oil so it will be free (no synning a measured amount of fruit, just because it is cooked).
SW:  two syns for one tsp oil for the roasties (two tsps used really but half for Dad)

S:  none

Body magic:  a walk

Summary
half a heA and one B
four and a half syns
as Dad's paying for it, frugal in the extreme
I should be able to keep to the eleven/seven window reasonably well today

2 comments:

  1. Well done for getting back into gear with the Christmas gain. I'm still struggling but not too awfully....hopeful of a pound off tomorrow. Haha, I like your description of 'soup of some kind' - that often sums up my attitude to soup too, although sometimes I buy veg especially for soup making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - it's very often a 'What Have I Got?' sort of soup for me too! The best kind, I reckon!
      xx

      Delete