Wednesday 18 March 2020

Wednesday, 18-03-20

Good morning.

I'm glad I went to Slimming World Group yesterday.  I was the slimmer of the week (yay!) so won a basket of goodies to swell the store cupboard and also I won the raffle which was, this week, something for longer term.
This.

Out in the fresh air and open space of the allotment will be as safe a place as any over the next weeks/months, not to mention healthy exercise.  I'll get those seeds sown some time this week and even if only a few come up, It will be a gain!  At worst, I can put them in pots in the garden; at best, they can take up some allotment space.  What a good raffle prize.

While we were having the meeting, a message came through from SW that they are cancelling all meetings for three weeks (and it will probably be longer than that, I reckon) so we were lucky to get ours in.  I'm glad we've got a fairly lively Facebook group; we can continue supporting, etc, in there.  Not the same but much better than nothing at all.
Also, I have just seen that SW will be providing an online support structure while the groups are closed.  No complaints there!

I remembered to take a few photos.
This was lunch -  reheated sort of pancake cannelloni with leftover coleslaw, much more filling than it looked (which is rather messy!)

and . . .


. . . a very tasty dinner with lots of speed veg.

Today's plans are . . .
B:   overnight oats with fruit; mini yogurt drink
SW:  one heB for oats, half a syn for a Mullerlight and two syns for the drink

L:  bacon and spicy baked beans; apple
The spicy beans are a home made thing which I portioned and froze.  They have a fair amount of speed veg in which is good.
SW:  free

D:  chicken and tomato pasta bake; yogurt
I'll concoct the pasta bake with some chicken breast, plenty of veg including tomatoes plus some kind of wholewheat pasta with grated cheese on top.  Son Dave is coming round and will share it with me, which is really nice.
SW:  one or maybe two heAs for grated cheese and maybe three syns for half a tbsp oil

S:  easy peelers

Body Magic:  it's personal training today

Summary
two heAs and one B
five and a half syns
nothing particularly expensive except the happy chicken and that will be well bulked out with veg
an eating window of between eleven and seven

And finally, while down the allotment, I pulled some early rhubarb.  I gather you can sweeten it with agave nectar which has more sweetening power than sugar.  I will give it a go and see if it is nice - just stewed rhubarb, of which I am rather fond.

9 comments:

  1. Well done you, Joy! And what a lovely raffle prize. It does feel very strange and unsettling to see so many things cancelled, every day there are notifications here, as everywhere else I'm sure, of local things cancelled or postponed. It does make you wonder how long this is going to go on, and how many small businesses are going to go under. And of course how ordinary working people are going to manage financially if they cannot work. Worrying times xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small wonder people are buying extra while they can. It's natural to want to stock up against the 'leaner' times. It's not really panic, it's trying to look ahead and if one can see a future with no money, that's scary!

      Thanks - I was really pleased with that prize. More pleased than many others would have been as they don't necessarily garden.
      xx

      Delete
    2. I so agree with you here. I'm facing no pay within a few weeks. I'm so glad I have a good store cupboard. X

      Delete
  2. Well done Joy. I bet you were thrilled, I know I would have been. That prize is going to come in very useful if food becomes scarce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased, yes.
      I don't think food will become scarce, but there may not be so much wastage in the near future. That can only be a good thing really.
      xx

      Delete
    2. And thanks very much, Cherie.
      xx

      Delete
  3. That's so kind, thanks you, Laurie. You take care too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reckon it's going to be months rather than weeks, Joy. We too have a well used FB group and we will all have to draw what inspiration from each other. Keep going, stay focussed and above all, stay safe. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're right, I really can't see things starting off again until the Autumn, to be honest. Like schools. And let's face it, compared with school closure, SW closure is no big deal. Time to show what we're made of.
      You take care too, Eloise, and stay safe.
      xx

      Delete