Monday 9 March 2020

Monday, 09-03-02

Good morning.

Firstly, just a reminder that links to all the recipes I post in here are in the page entitled 'Recipe Links'.  Just click on the relevant tab at the top.

Yesterday's food all looked very 'home made' (as it was) but it tasted great!

Breakfast - bacon, tomatoes and mushroom, potato waffle and an egg on top.

Slopped over lunch - tomato and red pepper soup.

Dinner.  The pizza base worked well and the pizza was very tasty indeed.  No complaints!  No room for salad either as it turned out bigger than expected.  Next time I will try smaller and a bit thicker!



Today's food plans are:
B:  pancakes with fruit and yogurt; mini yogurt drink
The pancakes are from the freezer, the other half of the batch made last week.
SW:  half a heB plus two syns for the yogurt drink, a bit of a heA for milk in the pancakes and one and a half for one tbsp agave nectar (if I have it)

L: I'm not sure.  The last few days I really haven't wanted lunch although I had the soup yesterday simply because if I didn't it would be wasted.  I'll see how it goes and if I do feel peckish, maybe I will knock up a salad - I have plenty of salad veg in the fridge.

D:  salmon, broccoli and carrot chips; fruit or yogurt
I haven't had carrot chips for ages and they are so tasty, done in the actifry in 1 tsp oil and some cajun spice.
SW:  this should be SW free

S:  carrot batons (I have loads of carrots right now as in Morrisons they had big bags for 50p)

BM:  a walk, balance exercises

Summary:
a bit of a heA and half a heB - not good enough although perhaps OK once in a while
three and a half syns
fairly frugal as even the salmon was a reduced side that I cut into slices myself and each slice is just over £1 - good for salmon
an eating window if between eleven and seven - 8:16

2 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, thanks for the reminder about the recipe links. I tried the wholemeal Yorkies yesterday - not a fan I'm afraid. Probably me - the oven wasn't hot enough to begin with, something I only realised after 10 mins. And I inadvertently used strong brown flour, rather than the plain wholemeal that was in the jar next to it (that'll teach me to look properly next time, rather than just grabbing a jar). The puds rose alright, but they were decidedly 'puddingy' rather than being light. In fact, I threw the rest away, shock horror (I made a double quantity, intending to freeze the rest). Never mind, I'll try again with the correct oven temp and flour! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a shame. Could be the oven (I turned mine as high as it could go), could be the flour, maybe a combination of both. Mine worked fine (as you can see in the photo) so I suspect it was that; good luck for next time.
      xx

      Delete