Thursday 26 March 2020

Thursday, 26-03-20

Good morning.
Yesterday went much better.  No crashes, no binges, hardly any snacking even.  I'm very relieved.

Breakfast was a sort of hash affair - sausage, cooked potato, red pepper, mushroom and chopped tomatoes, all fried together using spray oil, a few garlic granules and a smattering of cajun spice.  Very tasty.

Lunch was the left over sort of lasagne, still very tasty after freezing and thawing, even though it was not a pretty sight!.

The celeriac chips were really rather nice.  Not crisp at all, I didn't expect that as there's precious little starch in celeriac, but they had a good flavour.  The burger was really very good indeed.  A satisfying munch!



Today's meal plans:
B:  pancakes with fruit and yogurt; mini yogurt drink
SW:  one heB and a bit of a heA, let's call it half, plus two syns for the yogurt drink

L:  vegetable and butterbean soup; apple
The soup is from the freezer and, miracle of miracles, I now know which shelf to find it as well.
SW:  free

D:  chilli con carne, rice; yogurt
What I had planned for yesterday but didn't have because I needed to use the stuff I'd got out for Tuesday but didn't have . . .
I will make the chilli from a portion of cooked mince in the freezer and some (rather overcooked) kidney beans, also in the freezer, plus a chilli from the garden.  The rice is also in the freezer, a portion of basmati.  I can top it with grated cheddar (45g) and some natural yogurt
I'm expecting that when I add the beans and perhaps a few more vegetables, the mince will make two portions instead of one - I'm hoping so, anyway.
SW:  The mince is one syn (oil used in the cooking) and the cheese will be one and a half heAs

S:  plums and easy peelers

BM:  PE with Joe and after the success of the online personal training with Lindsey yesterday, she has provided me with a programme to follow so I can do some of that too.  No excuses for being idle now!

Summary:
two healthy extra As and one B - perfect!
three syns
nice and frugal, making good use of what I already have in fridge, cupboard and freezer - not that there's any other option right now!

(I post this now and again to explain)

Healthy extras are measured amounts of certain foods.  SW doesn't do a lot of measuring but it's essential for these.  You don't HAVE to have them but they promote a balanced diet.

Healthy extra As (heA) are calcium based so things like milk, cheese and non dairy alternatives.

Healthy extra Bs (heB) are fibre based and there's a much wider range.  Wholemeal products such as bread, pitta, muffins (the English kind), nuts, dried fruits, etc.

Syns are certain, usually higher calorie non-essentials like oil based dressings, oils, chocolate, crisps, alcohol, etc.  If you want extra of a healthy extra, you have to syn it.  Basically a syn is the equivalent of around 20 calories.

It all sounds very complicated but it really isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment