Saturday 7 March 2020

Saturday, 07-03-20

Morning!

Lunch yesterday was a tasty bacon and cheese quiche.  Two eggs, 30g cheese, one mini onion, two bacon medallions and seasoning.  So easy and very, very filling.
I love my omelette maker!

These meatballs were turned out better than I expected.  I used 125g very lean mince, two Aldi skinny sausages (one syn), a very finely chopped onion and a third of a pot of JD Seasonings spaghetti meatball spice mix (which consists of smoked paprika, black pepper, onion powder, oregano, garlic, salt, cumin and thyme - in that order so I guess more of the first ingredients than the later ones) and all I did was put the lot in a bowl, mix it well with hands and then shape into meatballs.  This amount made twelve of the size I like which is probably a bit smaller than the average meatball.
I popped them on an oven tray on parchment, sprayed them with oil and gave them thirty minutes at 180C.
I remembered I had some spicy tomato and veg sauce in the freezer so I used that with some added chopped tomato, heated it all up, added the cooked meatballs and simmered it gently while the tagliatelle cooked.
One to do again, for sure!
Today's plans are:
B:  I think a cooked breakfast of some kind and I quite fancy the Pinch of Nom one with a bottom of breakfast things (bacon, tomato, onion, etc), using up a half can of chopped tomatoes, and a topping of 'fried' cubes of potato (which I will mostly do in the actifry).  I may go lavish and top with 30g grated cheese before popping it all in the oven or under the grill.
And the usual mini yogurt drink
SW:  two syns for the yogurt drink and one healthy extra A for the cheese

L:  I have some home made tomato soup in the freezer; apple
SW:  up to 150mls milk added to the soup to slacken it - 3/4 heA

D:  roast dinner; yogurt
I still have turkey left over from Christmas and it really is about time it was used up.  That, with some veg and a go at making some Yorkshire puds with wholewheat flour (not strong flour) might make a tasty dinner. 
Eileen pointed me in the direction of a way of making Yorkshire pudding in the actifry.  It looked interesting and, when I fancy it, I shall make a toad in the hole and try that method - thanks Eileen.  For now, I will try mini puddings using my muffin tin.
Here's the link.  https://hintofhelen.com/actifry-toad-in-the-hole/
So - I will use 35g plain wholemeal flour, one egg, 50mls milk (1/4 heA) and I will try half a tsp of oil (one syn) in each muffin compartment.  I'm not sure how many it will make.  I'll do the usual - get the oil piping hot, shoot the batter in quickly and into the oven.  The big issue is the type of flour so fingers crossed!
SW:  one heB, 1/4 heA, one syn per pudding for the oil.  The turkey and veg are SW free and I won't do roasties this time.

S:  plums and easy peelers

Body Magic:  I have a basket full of ironing and I will try to get out, weather permitting, for some fresh air.

Summary:
two heAs and one heB (perfect!)
about six syns
using quite a lot of leftovers and frozen pre-cooked stuff
the usual eating window of between eleven and seven - 8:16

No comments:

Post a Comment