Friday 27 March 2020

Friday, 27-03-20

Good morning!

This was breakfast.  Half a batch of sweet pancakes.  I spread yogurt over them, lay on some slices of plum and folded them over.  The rest of the plums went round the outside and the sludge on top is a little bit of yogurt left in the pot with a tbsp agave nectar mixed in to make a sort of drizzle (except that it didn't actually drizzle!).

The other half batch of pancakes is now in the freezer for another meal sometime.

Lunch:  butterbean and vegetable soup.  Butterbeans add a very 'creamy' texture to a blended soup and this was really nice, even though it doesn't look particularly exciting.



Chilli con carne: nice and frugal because the single portion from the freezer became two generous portions with added veg (more onion, mushroom, pepper, peas and sweetcorn) and then the kidney beans added to one half too.

Tasty and filling.

B:  yogurt and some fresh fruit; mini yogurt drink
SW:  two syns for the drink, half a syn if I have a fruit yogurt

L:  Spag bol; apple
As mentioned above, with extra veg I managed to turn the portion of cooked mince into two portions yesterday.  One I had as a chilli last night with added kidney beans and I'm having the rest with spaghetti for lunch.  Nice and filling - warming too.
SW:  half a syn for the mince and one heA for some cheese on top

D:  fish and chips, mushy peas; piece of fruit
Yes, I am being naughty - really naughty, I mean.  In the freezer I have a couple of lumps of battered haddock (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) and I am going to have one!  I'm not sure I even want to look at the syns but I will!
To balance that, the chips are the halo-topped slimming world approved ones and mushy peas are also approved.
I'm going to enjoy this.
SW:  well - er - two syns for one tsp oil and one syn for some super light mayo.  Can't have chips without mayo to dunk them in.  The fish is eight and a half syns - that's fine!

S:  easy peelers and plums (I know the same thing keeps coming up but I often don't have snacks, it's just planned in case and therefore I have plenty).

Body Magic:  PE with Joe, Lindsey's PT programme

Summary:
just one heA - that sort of calorie-balances the batter round the fish
eleven and a half syns
and still using what I have have in - have had for ages in some cases and which really ought to be used up


4 comments:

  1. Battered fish, chips and mushy peas is a rare and delicious treat! I'm looking forward to the day when restrictions are over and we can have a portion of fish and chips from the chippy, eaten by the sea. We have one portion shared between us, as the portions are always so large, so much so that even Betty gets some of the fish! (she loves fish). Enjoy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good stuff, isn't it? Some fool at SW (in one of the magazines) said buy the fish and chips and leave the batter - what's the point if you leave the batter - it's just about the best bit!
      I'm sure I will thoroughly enjoy my treat - they call is a 'fakeaway', I think.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh we do love fish and chips. Probably my favourite takeaway if you can find a good chippy. Those pancakes look and sound gorgeous, I plan to make them this morning for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I love about the pancakes is that the amount I use makes six so, Bob's your uncle, there's a main part of a second breakfast all done and dusted (and in the freezer!).
      I am so looking forward to my fish and chips! Hee hee.
      xx

      Delete