Wednesday 4 March 2020

Wednesday, 04-03-20

Morning all.

I did get my Platinum Body Magic award yesterday which pleased me greatly.  I honestly think that 'activity' is now built into my lifestyle in lots of different ways, not just the 'planned' ones.  Now I've got all four BM 'awards', I can keep it up but without being so concerned that I'm meeting any set criteria or that I miss more than two days of planned activity per week.

Breakfast was so delicious and I was ready for it after walking to and back from SW group.  I added a tbsp of agave nectar for one and a half syns - well worth the payment!

Have I ever said that I do love my waffle maker?

I didn't take a photo of lunch but here's dinner - just chicken veg curry and posh rice, both from the freezer with a nice dollop of natural yogurt on top.

Today's food plans are:
B:   pancakes with bacon and agave nectar, yogurt drink
Yes, I'm going a bit OTT with the pancakes but . . .
a)  I really want to try them using SR wholemeal flour and
b)  I'd planned something different but getting a heB in was tricky so I had to change something - at least this way I get half a B
SW:  two syns for the yogurt drink, one and a half for the nectar and at least half a heB for the pancakes (depending on how many I have!)

L:   mixed bean chilli with grated cheese; side salad
Both chilli and cheese are from the freezer
SW:  one syn for the chilli and a heA for the cheese.

D: steak, SW style chips, salad
An old favourite
SW:  two syns for one tsp oil for the chips

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  an hour of personal training with Lindsey.

Summary:
one healthy extra A and about half a B
six and a half syns
the steak is a bavette steak so around half the price of rump or sirloin, pancakes are a lot cheaper than they look, the chilli is home made and pulses are great value anyway
the eating window is a bit bigger today as breakfast needs to have been finished by ten thirty so 9:15

Some ways to build activity into your day naturally:
Run up and down stairs.
Don't leave things at the bottom of the stairs until you have a 'load', take each item up as needed.
If there's a lift or escalator, don't use it, use the stairs instead.
Be active while waiting for a kettle/pot to boil - press ups against the wall or sink, side to side stretches, balance activities, jogging on the spot, plies or squats (using the working surface for balance if necessary) all up the activity level without taking any more time
Don't walk from room to room, jog, hop, skip or jump.  Squat thrusts as you move around are also great.
As you brush your teeth, twist from side to side, bend from the waist, etc, rather than just standing still.
Iron standing up and be aware of twisting, stretching, bending as you do so.
Walk instead of taking the car to local things, weather permitting.  It does take more time but gets those muscles moving.  Walk briskly, swing the arms, breathe fully, don't slouch.
Jog on the spot while watching telly or, if you have a step, it's a good time to use it.
Sit up straight and be aware of engaging core muscles

I bet you have other ideas - why not mention them in the comments?

6 comments:

  1. I think you and I are on the same page. I have taken to doing any kind of exercise while I am cooking or cleaning. I think it is really helping to heal my poorly leg as I work on building up the muscles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything that will help your leg has to be a really good thing, I think, and I'm very glad.
      xx

      Delete
  2. These are great suggestions, Joy. I only do two of them at the moment (ironing standing up and walking locally instead of the car) but will definitely be trying a few more of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything makes a difference. For me, it's just being more active in as many little ways as I can possibly think of. I think that makes more of a difference than the bigger half hours of push and puff really because it can be done all the time.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Engage core muscles, that's made me sit up Joy x

    ReplyDelete