Wednesday 25 March 2020

Wednesday, 25-03-20

Good morning.

I've started sorting through my veg and seeing what could go into the freezer to avoid any waste.  Yesterday, I chopped up the bottom of some celery that was just starting to go so now there's enough for several recipes.  I'm going to do the same today with some red and green peppers as I more often use these in cooked dishes than in salads.

Yesterday's food:
Lovely breakfast - stewed apple and blackberries.  I added one tbsp demerara sugar (real sugar, shock, horror!) and a couple of strawberries and it was really gorgeous.

Lunch - bright, colourful and tasty.  The dip is a small can of tuna blended with mayo, nutmeg, seasoning and lemon juice.












It wasn't a nice day yesterday (see my other blog for the reason); late afternoon there was a sudden release of tension as I heard all was OK and I just lost it so I'm afraid I'm going to draw a veil over the rest of the day's happenings.  Suffice it to say the chunky wholemeal bread, cheese and mayo sandwich was lovely!!!
Today is a new day and I'm proper back on track straight away.  That's what matters.

Today's plans:  I'm taking a good hard look at what I have in the freezer each morning before whiting the plans for the day
B:  bacon, bean, sausage and tomato hash; mini yogurt drink
This just sort of came to me.  Nothing original but I just fancy it really. I have a selection of half syn sausages to choose from, I will use some home soaked and cooked pinto beans (from the freezer) and peeled and chopped tomatoes from last year's garden.
SW:  two syns for the mini yogurt drink

L:  'sort of lasagne', salad, coleslaw
This is left over from last week when I made one for dinner and only ate half of it.
SW:  one heA and one syn for super light coleslaw

D:  Same as yesterday.  Cheese burger with spicy celeriac chips and a salad
While sorting out part of the freezer, I found some syn free skinny burgers from M&S so it's about time I used them.  I will have it on a wholemeal roll with lettuce, balsamic onion chutney and some cheese so it should be extremely tasty.  The celeriac chips are because I want to give them a go and have the necessary to do so.
SW:  one heA for cheese and one B for the wholemeal roll, the chutney (the kind I have) is one and a half syns for one level tbsp and oil for the chips will be two syns for a tsp.  An actifry doesn't need any more to make great chips!

S:  I will try for none!

Body Magic:  PE with Joe and at midday Lindsey and I will try for a personal training session online

Summary:
two heAs and one B
six and a half syns
a bit more expensive today as it's more meat loaded but all stuff I already have.

9 comments:

  1. The sandwich sounds yummy, but well done for getting back on track! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit it was gorgeous and so was the red wine I had with it. < grin >
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a perfectly normal stress reaction to me, and you didn't let it derail you so I think you should be proud of yourself in the bigger picture. Glad they got home safely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I do feel a lot better today (apart from a slight headache but that's my own fault!!)

      Delete
  3. Yum. Stay safe.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is, and I had a live video chat with Beth and Alex this afternoon. Lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did really well, all things considered. Your tuna and veggie lunch looked particularly tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. I was able to nip it in the bud, anyway, that's really important. It was a nice lunch. Colourful!
      xx

      Delete