Friday 20 March 2020

Friday, 20-03-20

Good morning!

Now, here's a funny (as in 'odd') thing.

I made my breakfast waffles but decided to cut down on the flour a bit - 30g instead of 40 - and to use my yogurt drink with the egg instead of natural yogurt.
I beat it all up and the mixture, despite using less, made more.  Six 'quarters' instead of the four I expected, having cut down the flour.
So not only were they jolly nice and light, I have three for another day, that I can either warm and crisp up in the oven or under the grill - or even in the toasty, of course.

And I had half a heB to spend on a hi-fi bar!  Win-win

I changed lunch as I remembered that when I dropped the portion of chicken and veg last night, some had stayed in the pot and I had saved that.
So I made up some couscous, adding some chicken stock powder (and now I know that a quarter cup of dry couscous makes just a bit too much so I have more to use up).
The two together made a very delicious lunch.


  Dinner was nice but not very photogenic.  I didn't eat much either, so that's lunch sorted out!


Today's food plans.
B:  bacon and egg roll, mini yogurt drink
I found a pack of three Promise rolls in the freezer so will use one as my breakfast roll.
SW:  one heB for the bread and two syns for the yogurt.  I'll syn any brown sauce I have.

L:  steak and kidney, runner beans, 'saute' potatoes
I put the last in inverted commas because they won't be really sauted, I'll cube them, spray them and brown them in a non stick pan.
SW:  one syn for the steak and kidney

D:  sweet potato and celeriac gratin, salad or veg; rhubarb yogurt
Last week I bought something I've never knowingly had before.  Some celeriac.  I looked on Lifeline Online (the SW site for members and so useful) and found a recipe which looks easy enough, simple to reduce to a smaller amount and low syn.  In face, if you use the cheese as a bit of a healthy extra A, it's syn free.  I might add a bit of bacon or ham or something to it although it does have protein, with egg and cheese
Another thing that's worth a go, I reckon.
SW:  As I shall use stevia to sweeten the rhubarb, this should be syn free and there's one heA for some cheese (I might make it two!)

S:  easy peelers

Body Magic:  balance activities, a few of Lindsey's clips

Summary
two heAs and one B
three syns
the usual eating window of 8:16

2 comments:

  1. Your dinner looks very good, I think I'll try that with some butterbeans instead of the chicken, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be lovely with butterbeans, I reckon. Do let me know how it goes.
      xx

      Delete