Friday 16 August 2019

Friday, 16-08-19

Good morning, everyone.

First of all, thank you for yesterday's kind comments.  I still can't really believe it.

As I said, half a pound on at weigh in but I am not the least bit downcast over that given that I've had a week away on holiday.

Viviane (the lady with whom Suzanne and I stayed and Suzanne's cousin) loves cooking and entertaining and her meals were really great.
Breakfast was always the same:  freshly squeezed orange juice, sourdough bread, locally made butter, sheeps' yogurt and her own home made 'confiture' - there was blackcurrant, strawberry, apricot . . . and all were delicious - and very, very good coffee.
Lunches we tended to have out, Suzanne and I.  They were delicious and always with either a light beer or a small carafe of rose.  Plenty of water too.  I only had chips once!
Dinners always started with aperatif - wine and nibbles.  Nuts, olives, tapenade, little squares of fried sourdough, cheese (usually goats' cheese).  Then the main course which was meat and vegetables (she made a delicious ratatouille) and twice there was rice/pasta.  No potatoes.  sometimes there was then a 'salade', mostly leaves tossed in a dressing.  Desserts were varied and usually fruit based although there was one fantastic rice pudding made with cream, cinnamon and dried and candied fruit.  It was so good, hot and cold.
Loads of olive oil was involved and loads of herbs.  However, portions were pretty small all round, as were plates, bowls and cups.

Viviane said she knew I wouldn't put any weight on and she was right really, despite it going totally against SW wisdom!  However, my 'system' did take a while to adjust and I was pretty bunged up for several days until things sorted out again.
Unfortunately, maybe down to the excitement of last night or maybe reflecting the change back to UK food again, I had an upset tum overnight.  It will settle again today.

B:  Something eggy based, I think, as eggs tend to be 'binding'!!  Maybe simple scrambled eggs like yesterday.  No bread, I thing - I don't fancy it.
SW:  free

L:  probably a salad based on tomatoes and cucumber, of which I have loads.  I shall fix a dressing to go with it using syns for the olive oil and I've asked Suzanne for the recipe for hers as it was delicious.  Hopefully, by then, things will have settled.
SW:  three syns for half a tbsp oil

D:  Dad and I are eating out and I will go for the leanest, most speed packed choice I can find.  That's what I want to do, not what I have to do. 
SW;  no idea but I have healthy extras and syns so it should be OK

Ss:  none

Body Magic:  not sure, I will have to see what I can fit in.

Have a good SW day (if you're on the programme).

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant,Joy, 1lb after a holiday you enjoyed is well done. I commented on your eggsagne recipe link yesterday. Have you had chance to read it? Please let me know what you think. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll go and look, thanks for letting me know. Yes, I was very pleased with those results.
      xx

      Delete