Monday 19 August 2019

Monday, 19-08-10

Good morning.
After a weekend with mixed SW success, I'm right back on track with planning done for the week.  It's going to feature chicken, lovely roast chicken.  I will buy the chicken on the way home from Dad's this morning, roast it this afternoon and then use every last little bit of it, one way or another.

I will try it more or less as Viviane cooked hers in France.  Well, apart from the butter!  And the lemon. 
Oh, OK, maybe not really like she cooked hers!
I will pop into the cavity of the bird one cut up lemon, some garlic and a chopped onion and plenty of herbs from the garden - probably bay, thyme, rosemary, oregano and sage.  I will rub a little bit of olive oil over the top.  Then what Viviane did was put it into a tight lidded roasting pot and into a cold oven which then heated up to around 170C and it was in for an hour a kilo.  I may give it a bit longer.
I will portion it out which shouldn't be a problem as I want the meat to be falling off the bones.
Then I can boil up the carcass in the Instant Pot to make a good stock for autumn or winter soups, ditto for any left over bits
I won't eat the skin but the birds will enjoy it, I am sure, or perhaps Beth's cats can have it.  They love a bit of chicken skin.

Today's food plans:
B:  fruit and a yogurt
The fruit will probably be easy peelers and an apple.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  Feta, olive, apple and walnut salad
A bit high on syns, this one, bit I really fancy giving it a go.  I'll put leaves and other salad basics in a bowl, pile on the other stuff and drizzle it over with dressing
SW:  45g feta is one of my healthy extra As, five walnut halves is a healthy B, eight olives is one and a half syns and one tbsp of the home made salad dressing is three and a half syns (I might make something lemony).

D:  chicken frittata with salad.
Just what the label says.  As I portion out the chicken, bits will fall off and they can go in the frittata, along with onion, pepper and mushroom.
SW:  30g grated cheddar is my other healthy extra A and more salad dressing is another three and a half syns.

Ss:  none

Body Magic:  just the usual - keep moving and run up and down the stairs as much as possible.

It all looks a bit lavish but is, in fact, quite a healthy day.  I want to add a bit more of the healthy oils to my diet and it does that.  It's going to be tasty, there's lots of veg and some fruit, all my healthy extras are there, it's low in the simple 'white' carbs and it has nine syns, well within my limit of fifteen.  And I think it's a good way to use the syns.
As far as frugality is concerned, I have everything in apart from the chicken.  There will be piles of tomatoes and cucumber waiting for me when I get home so they will feature heavily in the salads.  It's not the cheapest day's planning, admittedly, but I'm not aiming for very cheap right now, I am aiming for making the best of what I have in order to lose more weight and eat a healthy and delicious range of food.


6 comments:

  1. That all sounds smashing. I can't wait until my leg has healed enough for me to run up and down the stairs. I used to do that several times a day and it worked wonders for my stamina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming on, isn't it. Slow but fairly steady. How long do you think it will take? xx

      Delete
  2. Your food sounds fabulous. My first weigh in this morning. Not expecting much off due to not walking or moving much due to my leg too. Halfway through eight weeks recovery with ligament and getting very frustrated. At least I’m not sitting here eating lots of rubbish! Am loving flat yellow peaches at the moment.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may very well be surprised, if you've been sticking to your programme faithfully.
      It must be frustrating but you'll get there eventually.
      I love those peaches too - lovely flavour.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Three cheers. Thanks fantastic, well done to you! Bet you feel great now!
      xx

      Delete