Thursday 1 August 2019

Thursday, 01-08-19

Good morning and Happy New August to you.

Yesterday's meals:
I didn't take any photos of the pancakes but they were lovely.  I added blueberries to the mix and, as they cook a bit, they pop and you get a lovely burst of juice.  I think I'll do that again rather than having fruit on the side.

Lunch, egg wrap thingy (just a folded over egg wrap in the end, not a tubed affair, was very nice.  I'm not 100% keen on the lighter cheddar though.  It doesn't emlt well, it just goes into a rubbery, chewy sort of coating.  I got some because you get 40g to the healthy extra AS rather than 30, but it's not really worth it and when I've finished what I have, I will go back to the ordinary kind.

I always buy my cheddar in blocks when t's on special to grate and freeze, so I have more than a bit to use up first.

No photo of dinner but it was very tasty!



Today's plans:  a light day because it's group this evening and I desperately want to show a loss after last week's unexpected and disappointing gain.
B:  fresh fruit and yogurt

L:  cheg with salad and, maybe coleslaw
Cheg is just a sort of devilled eggs.  Hard boil the eggs, halve them and take out the yolks.  Mash the yolks with mayo, a bit of grated cheese and some spice - I like to use mustard powder but Lea and Parrins is nice too - before piling it all back into the egg whites.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese and one syn for mayo in the eggs and another for mayo in the coleslaw.

D:  bean and veg curry with rice (made last week and frozen)
It's not particularly SW friendly but it's not too bad.
SW:  I am guessing about eight syns for the curry but it is just a guess.

Ss:  nothing

BM:  walking around town.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you are still trying to make good choices (in SW terms) though you must be a bit dispirited at the gain. I had an awful gain last Monday and am struggling to get my head back into the right place. I've not been around (in Blogging terms) all that much lately as life has been so busy. I just want to retire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit discouraging but not the end of the world, even if it felt like it! :-)
      xx

      Delete