Wednesday 31 July 2019

Wednesday. 31-07-19

Good morning!

Yesterday's food pictures.
No photos for breakfast as it was simply fruit and yogurt and none for lunch either because I was eating out.  I chose the 'lower calorie meal' of chicken and bacon salad.  It was a smaller portion and the dressing was a low or zero fat one but it was very tasty and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I also fell for four of Alex's onion rings but we won't talk about that!

Dinner was a new recipe from the SW 'SP Sensations' recipe book and I wasn't sure beforehand but (with a few modifications) it was really delicious.
The tomatoes and cucumber were from the garden so also tasted great.

So I think that even with the onion ring slip-up. I stayed on plan pretty well yesterday.

Today's plans are:
B:  banana oat pancakes with fruit and yogurt
I have half a beaten egg left over from yesterday's dinner so I will add that to the mix - waste not, want not, as the saying goes.  The banana stops it from being a complete SP day but not to worry.
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  I was a bit puzzled because I had planned to make Nadiya's egg roll but then realised that I needed a healthy B and I've already used it up so I will have an egg wrap thingy instead - make a thin omelette to be the wrap and stuff it with a portion of my spicy turkey mince to which I will add some runner beans left over from Monday's dinner.  Then sprinkle over some grated cheese and melt in the oven for a short time.  As the oven is on, I might roast a few tomatoes to have with it rather than have them cold.
SW:  one or maybe one and a half healthy extra As

D:  treating myself to steak, cajun carrot wedges and coleslaw
I have quite a lot of carrots to use up before Tuesday so it's just as well I like them really.  The steak might be a sizzle steak or a hammered flat steak; either is something of a treat
SW:  one syn for the mayo in the coleslaw

Ss:  water, fresh fruit

2 comments:

  1. I must try the egg wraps. I keep meaning to. I also want to get some of the rice papers to try as wraps (Chinese) but keep forgetting about them when I write a list or go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really quite converted to them in dishes like that. THey work well.
      xx

      Delete