Sunday 21 July 2019

Sunday, 21-07-19

Good morning!

Yesterday's food was nice enough but I did lose it late afternoon and evening, sadly.  When will I learn?

One nice thing:  M (the teenager who is cultivating Dad's veg patch and sharing the produce with him) turned up the other day and proudly presented Dad with a round courgette, like this one. 

Image result for round courgette


 I decided to halve it, slice and fry one half and leave the other half for another day.  I thought it was going to end up very watery and, indeed, a lot of liquid came out, but the flavour was actually very good.  I sprinkled grated cheddar over the slices and that worked well - so that was my healthy extra As!


Today's plans:
B:  overnight oats with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
SW:  one syn for the fruit yogurt

L:  salad and cold meat; apple
What with my cucumber and Dad's tomatoes, a few of which are ready to pick, it should be a delicious lunch.
SW:  one syn for some dressing

D:  corn on the cob; chicken, veg and, probably, some rice
It's one good sized chicken breast between the two of us - I roast it wrapped in bacon and then slice it and it does go a long way.  Dad is eager to finish off the last of the sliced yellow courgettes in his freezer as there's a couple of fresh ones that will be ready to pick in a few days so I will do them and add some grated cheese just because it's so very tasty!
The corn on the cob is also from last year's harvest.
SW:  one or two healthy extra As for the cheese

Ss:  water and fruit

Body Magic:  a walk


4 comments:

  1. I grew courgettes one year. A squirrel ate every bit of skin off them and left behind a patch of naked courgettes. We had sat for ages wondering what it was doing in the veg plot. We assumed it was hiding nuts and got quite a shock when we discovered what it had been doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness - I've never known that before. Pesky thing!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well, I never knew there was such a thing as a round courgette! Sorry to hear about the fail in the afternoon/evening. I know all about that.....so well, so often ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens. It happens too often when I'm at Dad's but there you go. Back on it again now and thank you.
      I was surprised but obviously there is such a thing. M planted two so there will be loads if it's anything like the usual courgettes.
      xx

      Delete