Friday 5 July 2019

Friday, 05-07-19

Good morning

Yesterday's breakfast, eaten in the garden.  Colourful, delicious and oh, so easy to prepare!



















In the end, for lunch, I mixed the salmon leftovers with some mayo, split a wholemeal roll in half and spread the salmon over each half, topping with cucumber slices.  SImple, quick and, oh, so delicious.  Food doesn't have to be fancy to be good.











I only had a short time for dinner between tuition and pottery so I shelved what I'd planned. simply baked the chicken in foil, grabbed a pack of cooked microwaveable rice (bad me - but it was a fancy mix of rice and grains and very tasty - three syns the packet), heated up the rice, shredded the chicken and added some green olives for a taste ooomph.  It was surprisingly good and, OK, the rice and the olives carry syns but not that many!
I have half the pack of rice for a quick and easy lunch today!

So - today's plans.
B:  bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms
Something to keep me going!
SW:  free

L:  ham and rice salad
I will mix the leftover rice with some bits of ham and some salad veg and add some dressing.  It has to be quick and easy today.
SW:  the dressing will be one syn, the olives I want to add will cost me two and a half syns for 25g  and the rice will be one and a half syns.

D:  it is sorely tempting to say 'blow it - fish and chips on the sea front' but no!  I will take one of my tubs of savoury turkey mince which will have thawed out nicely by the time I get there and I will pile it into two half peppers and top with grated cheese (which I am buying grated for convenience).  I can knock together a simple salad with the bits and bobs I am taking with me.  I'll have fruit for dessert.
SW:  the cheese will be my healthy As

Ss:  water

Body Magic.  Apart from all the to-ing and fro-ing involved in packing and loading the car, I will probably find the sea front and go for a stroll this evening.  Nice!

2 comments:

  1. I really like those microwavable rice and grains packets - apart from being quick and tasty, they're a measured portion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so very handy, aren't they, and there are mixes I would never bother to make from scratch too, really tasty ones.
      xx

      Delete