Friday 26 July 2019

Friday, 26-07-19

Good morning.
Thank goodness, the temperature has moderated and we have rain - actually right now as well as overnight.  It feels much fresher and more pleasant right now; a huge relief.

Today's plans are:
B:  banana oat pancakes, fruit and yogurt
My friend is going home today and, as she loved the banana pancakes, I'm making another batch for breakfast.
SW:  three and a half syns for the oats - I am synning them as I want my healthy extra B at lunch.

L:  wrap pizza, salad
I'll make the sauce with herbs and tomato puree and the topping will be bacon, onion, pepper, mushroom and baby corn
SW:  one healthy extra B (the wrap), and one or two As for the cheese on top.  If I have salad dressing, it will be one syn for two tbsps.

D:  salmon, chips, roasted tomatoes or tomato salad
I have a number of salad tomatoes that need using up so I will either roast them or I might make a tomato salad with finely sliced onion and balsamic vinegar.  The chips will be SW home made, of course.
SW:  free as I will lay off any dressing this meal

Ss:  water and fruit

BM:  It's cooler again so I might go for a walk - I'll see what it is like later on.  I can't this morning as my friend is not leaving until midday.

The weigh in yesterday was appalling.  However, I am not sure it was accurate as this morning I am four pounds less again which is more or less where I thought I should be.  I know - different scales, etc, but usually they are very close, mine and the ones at the group so . . . I don't know.
Four and a half pounds on.  Oh, my!  I've done nothing to support such a huge gain but maybe the extreme heat (at one point in the afternoon, Writtle was the hottest place in the country at just under 38C) caused some fluid retention.  I don't know, but I shall keep a close eye on things this week and I am sure I haven't really gained all that much so, although it was a shock, I'm not upset or downcast about it, just determined.

As I finish this, it is still raining and  - oh, there's a flash of lightning.  No wonder it feels fresher.  Good-oh - bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. I had some of your lovely banana oat pancakes for breakfast this morning. I felt full until 6pm. I shall be having them again tomorrow with a spoonful of yoghurt and a few blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's brilliant. I'm so pleased you liked them, thanks for letting me know.
      xx

      Delete