Monday 1 July 2019

Monday, 01-07-19

Good morning!

Some photos of yesterday's food.
Breakfast was fruit and yogurt again, eaten inside as it wasn't so warm.
Then I came home.
Lunch was a tuna, bacon and potato salad.  The tuna was a tiny can of tuna with lemon and thyme, found in Aldi.  I can't find the syns online but a John West one is four and a half syns so I'll take that.
I mixed the bacon, tuna and potatoes together and then added them to a mixed salad of lettuce, watercress, cucumber, tomatoes, radish, and yellow pepper and very nice it was too.









Not the neatest dinner in the world but it was very tasty with peppercorn sauce and some mixed roasted vegetables (spring onion, beetroot, baby corn, tomatoes and mushrooms with garlic and onion granules and spray oil - very healthy!).











Today's plans:
B:  overnight oats.
I haven't had these for ages and do love them.  I mixed blueberries and frozen raspberries with 40g rolled oats, a Mullerlight lemon tart flavoured yogurt and some of the soy yogurt I made, gave it all a good stir (no faffing with layering for me!), covered the bowl and popped it all in the fridge overnight.  It looks lovely!
SW:  one healthy extra B and half a syn.

L: cheg salad, apple
Lunch is always a bit problematic on Mondays as I have to be in school by 1:00 which is more or less when I would have lunch.  I tend to get it all ready, have fruit before I go and the rest when I get home afterwards.  That's what I'm doing today.
Cheg is like devilled eggs - hard boiled egg with the yolk mashed with mayo and some grated cheese, mustard powder, salt and pepper, then piled back into the white.
SW:  one healthy A for the cheese and one syn for some super-light mayo.

D:  pizza stuffed chicken, mixed salad; good for you trifle
I really couldn't think of what to make this evening so I reached for my trusty Pinch of Nom book and found I had marked this one to try.  It's a chicken breast with slits cut into it and into each slit you put a slice of mushroom, a slice of pepper, a bit of onion and a bit of bacon.  You bake it in the oven, then top with some sliced tomato and a bit of grated cheddar and bake for a bit longer.  Nice.  I'll have it with salad because I have loadsa salad veg.
I am calling the trifle I make good-for-you trifle because it is, with fruit and yogurt.  I'll be making it on Wednesday for taster evening and it is lovely in this warm weather.
SW:  my other healthy extra A for the cheese, if I have any mayo, it will be half a syn and the jelly, the whole sachet, will be one and a half syns.

Ss:  fruit, water

BM:  a walk

I'm going SP again for a few days.  I so want to have a loss this week.  And fingers crossed I can eat al fresco - it is so satisfying!


2 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. Yesterday's food looks lovely (think I'll do that salad for lunch this week), and today's sounds really nice. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning, Sooze, and thanks. I hope you like it as much as I did. It was tasty, I thought.
      xx

      Delete