Wednesday 17 July 2019

Wednesday, 16-07-19

Morning!

Yesterday's photo diary:
I tried adding cocoa and chocolate essence to my waffle mix rather than vanilla or almond essence and this is how it turned out . . .
It mde the kitchen smell wonderful.










So I shared it into two so I could have some later and had half with berries and natural yogurt.

It wasn't a huge chocolate hit, but one could always add more cocoa - at half a syn per level tsp, it wouldn't break the syn-bank and it was very, very nice.  So now I can make citrus waffles, almond ones, vanilla ones and chocolate ones!
It was very, very nice and I reckon some toffee yogurt on top would be fab.  Now I am wondering if I could add coffee essence instead of chocolate essence to make a sort of mocha flavour. Must give it a go!

Lunch was as Monday and dinner was also very nice but not photo worthy - slow cooked lamb, broccoli and green beans.

Today's plans:
B:  overnight oats
I used the usual strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with a cherry yogurt.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the oats and half a syn for the yogurt

L:  sticky chicken, salad
This is a SW recipe and it is dead easy.  Mix equal amounts of honey (two and a half syns per tbsp), soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, cut the chicken into chunks and marinate it in the sauce before dry frying in a non stick pan until the chicken is cooked and the liquid has gone, satirring often.  Someone made this for the last taster evening and it went down a real treat.
SW:  just two and a half syns for the honey and one for any salad dressing

D:  eggsagne with salad and coleslaw, yogurt and fruit
I will use a portion of spicy turkey mince, make some little omelettes, and layer them up with grated cheese on top.  Not exactly traditional but I reckon it will be jolly nice, all the same.
SW:  up to 80g light cheddar is two healthy extra As (but I won't have that much), light mayo is one syn for two level tbsp.

Ss:  water, sugar free drinks, fruit

Body magic:  a walk

I have ordered a pedometer.  Now that's a miracle, for sure.  The next miracle will be succeeding in working out how to use it!  I might be asking for help!





2 comments:

  1. Those waffles look amazing! I confess that whilst the intention has been there several times, I still haven't used my waffle mould.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They take a little longer and not everyone has the extra time at the start of the day. You will, one of these days. xx

      Delete