Friday 19 July 2019

Friday, 19-07-19

Good morning.
The bad news:  one and a half pounds on.
The good news:  I'm very relieved that it isn't more.  I'll accept that and move on.  Holidays with their related indulgence and a little weight gain are all part of real life and are pretty much bound to happen!
So on we go . . .

I ordered a fit bit thingy from Amazon which arrived yesterday morning.  While I can't use all its functions as I don't have an iPhone (yet), it does the basics of counting steps, which is what I want it for, and yesterday I managed over 7,000 steps without any extra effort - I was pleasantly surprised at that!
The main problem is that I can't set the clock/time on it so it is midnight at around seven o'clock, pm when it resets for the next day.  I'll have done most of my walking by them but as soon as I can, I will change it!

No photos from yesterday, just didn't get around to it but I will say that the cheese wedge inside the lamb burger was pretty amazing, adding juiciness and flavour.  I'm going to do the same with the rather dry turkey burgers in the freezer (when I use them, I mean) to deal with the not wonderful texture.

Today's plans:
B:  oat waffles with fruit and yogurt
Today I will try adding the cocoa and some coffee essence for perhaps a mocha flavour.  Might work!
SW:  one healthy extra B for the oats and one syn for the cocoa.

L:  while in Morrisons, I spied a pot of stirfry with edemame beans at 9p - yes, just 9p, so I will stir fry that in spray oil and then add some soy sauce or maybe some sweet chilli sauceand some 'salad' cheese (Morrisons lighter version of feta)
SW:  the feta is a healthy extra A and I'll look up the chilli sauce if I use it.

D:  Dad''s taking me out so no idea

Ss:  water

Body magic:  I will be rushing about rather today and  I'll have a walk as well.  Better than nowt!

14 comments:

  1. Although you don't have an iPhone, you should be able to open a Fitbit account on your laptop and link up yo the wristband so that you can change the time etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's good news - I got the impression I couldn't. I wonder how I do that. It says ' 'very fit pro' app is only compatible with smart phones.
      xx

      Delete
    2. No, I can't, it has to be a smart phone. What a pain. Thanks for the suggestion. xx

      Delete
  2. You can still reset the time without a smart phone. Google 'veryfitpro change time' and there is a video to show you how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not responding aa the video says - I don't think I can. Very frustrating.
      Thanks anyway. xx

      Delete
    2. I've asked the question on Amazon.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hi....have enjoyed reading your blogs and am going to join SW (after my holiday). I really like the look of the waffles that you make and wondered what waffle maker you use? You have inspired me to get going again. I used to follow the plan successfully on red and green days but of course a lot of things have changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has changed in some ways. There are no red and green days any more. I think it sounds simpler now.
      Good luck with it and have a lovely holiday.
      My waffle maker is this one (copy and paste into your browser). https://www.amazon.co.uk/Savisto-Rotating-Belgian-Electric-Temperature/dp/B07D7ZXSZ6
      xx

      Delete
  4. Joy, I want to eat everything you show us. I have hunger pangs reading your blog it's so full of my kind of food. You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really kind, thank you, Cherie. xx

      Delete
  5. Thankyou. The plan does sound simpler now. I am determined to give it a go.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Let me know how it all goes, won't you? xx

      Delete
  6. I had the same problem with the fitbit - no smart phone (no cell phone at all actually). I thought I was the last holdout but happy to hear you also have forgone this piece of technology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't, but I will. I'm starting to feel that I am missing out too much so I guess I will be falling! Progress and all that!
      xx

      Delete