Wednesday 3 July 2019

Wednesday, 03-07-19

Good morning.
I only have one photo today, of yesterday's dinner.  Salmon with an assorted salad.  It was delicious.


Watching an old Nigella Lawson prog yesterday, she said that she steeps red onion in red wine vinegar and finds it takes out the acridity so I tried that and she's right, it does.  There was flavour and crunch but no repeating on me afterwards which is what I hate.  So thank you, Nigella!

Today's plans are:
B:  bacon and egg roll, mushroom and tomato
A substantial breakfast on weighday to see me through.  :-)  Although I have bacon medallions which are pretty well trimmed, I still look carefully and cut off any remaining bits of fat.  I know it can't make a huge difference but every little bit helps!  The egg is always now done the more or less dry method in a tiny wee pan - it gives it a good shape for having in rolls as well as being virtually fat free.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the roll

L:  yogurt and fruit
My usual lighter weigh day lunch and very nice it is too.
SW:  free

D:  taster evening so who knows.  :-)  And I have some cooked salmon left over from yesterday to hold the post weigh-in nibblies (whether comforting or celebratory) at bay, so I will look up ideas of how to have it.  At the moment, options include cold with salad, in a frittata/quiche/omelette, made into a fishcake . . . any more ideas?

Ss:  water

E:  a walk

Fingers crossed, please, for weigh in.  I really, really should have lost weight this week.  It'll be most disappointing if I haven't.


4 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, fingers firmly crossed for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning, Sooze and thank you very much.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck for tonight Joy. I managed to lose 1 1/2 lbs this week despite lots of foodie outings. I think because I was good in between everything. It's so easy to say oh well I've blown it there I'll carry on, but I managed not to do that. 2lbs to go to get back to target for next week's weigh in. I don't often manage 2 so got to try really hard as then I'm on holiday and would love to have that target bubble for my hol. Are you nearly at yours? Or prefer not to say? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say after weigh in tonight. Remind me if I forget tomorrow. :-)

      Well done on that loss. I think you make a good point there. Good luck in the coming week.
      xx

      Delete