Monday 8 July 2019

Monday, 08-07-19

Good morning.

Half a portion of waffles with an overload of fruit (because it is holiday) and yogurt.

I saved the other half for a snack when I got back from my afternnon walk as I knew I'd feel hungry.  I had it, heated up in the toaster, with a Mullerlight for half a syn and a lemon and ginger tea and it was lovely.





I ate lunch on the beech:  this ham roll with some finger salad and then some blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.  I'm sure food tastes better eaten outdoors!











The perils of using an oven you're not used to - both chips and roasted veg were slightly overdone but not enough to spoil - those black bits on the veg are mushrooms which are dark anyway!  The steak was one of the nicest I have ever had, truly melt in the mouth, and I was too full for dessert, having eaten the lot rather than just half.











Today's holiday food:
B:  bacon and egg butty
I got some posh bacon at the butchers and intend to enjoy it  :-)
SW:  one healthy extra B for the roll.

L:  crustless quiche, tomatoes; fruit
While the oven was on for the SW chips yesterday, I knocked up a crustless quiche and will have it as a picnic with some mini tomatoes.  Looks nice, doesn't it?

SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese in the quiche.

D:  halloumi cheese (fried but no added fat is needed) and salad, new potatoes; mullerlight
I've never cooked halloumi but it looks easy enough.  In SW it can be a healthy A, which is great.
SW:  one healthy A plus five and a half syns (because I intend to have more than just one As worth!) and two syns for salad dressing.

Ss:  fruit and water

Body Magic:  Yesterday's BM was three plus hours of walking, some on the sand, and after a rest the old legs had stiffened considerably so I must have been doing some good.  Today I want to go past the pier and up the coast for a while - that should unstiffen me!

6 comments:

  1. Yum, I love Halloumi - well, it is cheese so say no more! Well done on the walking - sand walking is a good workout for the legs and bum, provided you don't go over on your ankles. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, my ankles are a lot stronger than they used to be and my walking shoes are very supportive.
      I can't remember when I ever had halloumi but I must have at some point. I'm looking forward to it.
      xx

      Delete
  2. You've done so well with all that walking. And yes, I fully believe food tastes better outdoors. I especially like my sandwiches to be a little bit squashed. 2lbs down here - I'm a little bit chuffed. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - yes, squashed sarnies are great!
      Really well done to you - that's a good loss!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love halloumi too - even if it does squeak when you bite it! Your waffles photos make me drool...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - me too, they really are a tasty treat!
      xx

      Delete