Saturday 13 July 2019

Saturday, 13-07-19

Good morning!  I find I have time to write this up before getting on the road.

I have just one photo, that of lunch.  I made some oat-banana pancakes and had them with sugar free caramel syrup and some fruit.  They were lovely.  I'm glad I measured out the amounts I used and have posted the recipe as a separate entry.



Today's food plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt.
SW: free

L:  tuna salad
I have bits and bobs of salad left at the end of the week so I'll open a small tin of tuna.  An easy lunch for a busy day
SW:  up to two syns for some mayo (I love mixing tuna with mayo)

D:  chicken fajita wraps; yogurt ice
I had some of the chicken fajita mix that I made the other day.  It made such a lot because I loaded it with vegetables - onion, pepper, mushroom, courgette, baby corn and tomatoes.  I shall make a couple of egg wraps, strain the sauce off the mixture, wrap up the 'solids', pour over the sauce, add some grated cheese and bake until the cheese is melted.  Very nice.
The yogurt ice is the usual fruit from the freezer zizzed with some yogurt until blended and semi-frozen.
SW:  one healthy A for the cheese.  SW purists would say that I should syn the fruit because it has been blended.  I say not a chance!  It's a measured amount and there's no chance of overdoing it.  The yogurt might be half a syn if I use flavoured yogurt.

Finally, I saw this the other day.  Perfect for me as I go home after a week's holiday that started well, food wise, and ended up as a bit of a disaster (but a delicious disaster).  Back on the straight and narrow now.

No comments:

Post a Comment