Monday 22 August 2022

Monday, 22-08-22

Good morning, everyone.

I'm going to start using just a bit of good oil in my cooking - olive or rapeseed - because my skin is getting very dry and my hands in particular have dry, slightly sore patches so I'm just wondering if my diet is too low in oil.  As long as I syn it, it's worth a go.

Yesterday's meals:

I'm afraid I skipped breakfast, more or less.  By the time I got home from shopping, it was half past eleven and I really wasn't hungry.  I had a banana, just in case, but no photo!

Lunch
Shakshuka and it was lovely.  All fresh garden tomatoes with onion, pepper, mushroom, tomato puree, garlic, spinach and a bit of chilli puree with salt and pepper plus the egg, of course.
I saved some of the tomato mix for dinner.

I was full so had some fruit later on, after my walk.


Dinner
The steak was a bit disappointing.  The upper side looked lovely but when I turned it over, there was a lot of fat which I managed to mostly cut off.  There were some bits of the cooked steak that I couldn't eat (I don't really like animal fat unless it is very crispy) although, to be fair, most of it was very nice.  You don't get that on an Aldi steak!
Instead of roasted Med veg, I just did some sweet potato fries in a spice mix because the tomato mixture from lunch had plenty of other veg in it.  Any more would have been too much. I finished off the whole day with some berries under a Mullerlight toffee yogurt.

The steps for the day came to almost 12,000.  That's OK, isn't it?

Today's plans:

B:  tomatoes on toast; apple
Got to use those garden tomatoes somehow!  Such hardship!
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of bread

L:  topless cheese and onion toastie, salad; fruit
Just what it says.
SW:  one and a half syns for onion chutney, one healthy extra A for cheese, half a healthy extra B for the other slice of bread

D:  Mexican pork one pot (Simply Cook kit), possibly a side salad; yogurt
I like the look of this - it uses pork  mince, black beans (or other pulses), basmati rice, apple and spring onion with soured cream (I will use yogurt) and lime juice. It asks for sugar; I will taste and add some Sugarly if I think it is needed.
I think I will also add onion, pepper and, perhaps, some sweet corn to extend it to three portions.
SW:  no idea about the syns although all the ingredients are SW free, one way and another so I don't think it will be too high.  I will use a bit of olive oil for three syns (half a tbsp) and the yogurt will be half a syn

E:  circuits and a swim

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
five planned syns plus whatever the one pot is.

No comments:

Post a Comment