Thursday 25 August 2022

Thursday, 25-08-22

Good morning, everyone.
The 'official' start of leftovers week today and I have beside me the printout of what I have in just one freezer drawer to use up.
It doesn't take long, does it, to build up a fair old supply of stuff.

Yesterday's meals:


Breakfast
Yum!

Lunch
A plain old chicken salad and very nice too.
Dinner.
The meatballs were lovely.  100g under 5% pork mince, two Aldi onion and rosemary sausages, 20g wholewheat breadcrumbs, garlic granules, fajita spice, pepper and a good splash of soy sauce.  It made sixteen neatballs - eight in this meal, seven tomorrow and one to taste because you have to, don't you.
I think it would be lovely with some grated chorizo in as well.  MUST remember that for next time.


Today's plans:

B:  turkey rashers, tomatoes and mushrooms
I found these turkey rashers in the abovementioned freezer drawer, just a few, and, as SW tells me they are free, I'll get them used up.  I'm still inundated with tomatoes.
SW:  two syns for some olive oil for the tomatoes.

L:  meatballs in tomato sauce, pitta, side salad; fruit
I thought I would reheat the meatballs in sauce and have them on shredded lettuce in a pitta with grated cheese on top.  Sounds lovely, doesn't it?
SW:  one healthy extra A for grated cheese

D:  chicken makhani, konjac rice; yogurt
I found some konjac rice that must be used soon.  It's not as nice as real rice but then it has no carbs and is low calorie (although it has to be synned) and I have it in to use!  I might knock up a simple quick pickled tomato and onion salad thing for the side.
SW:  one syn for the konjac rice, two syns for the chicken makhani, half a syn for the yogurt

E:  a walk, weather permitting (it might be round the shops but it is a walk, all the same!

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. I'm inundated with tomatoes too so have started to freeze them. They'll come in handy for pasta sauces later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good for freezing aren't they. I just take the skins off which is easy. xx

      Delete