Friday 11 November 2022

Friday, 11-11-22

 Good morning to you all!  

I've been yearning for sausages - proper sausages, not chipolatas and certainly not the abomination they call 'skinny' (OK, so they are OK - just - but they're not a proper sausage).
So, when I went shopping, I hovered around the sausages and in the end treated myself to some Taste the Difference 'the meaty one' sausages.  I couldn't get a connection to check the syns but I reckoned a high meat sausage wouldn't be outrageously syn-ful.

They are actually five and a half syns each which is actually do-able and even if I have two (and I probably will), they will work with SW.
So I'm happy!

I'm thinking I could make meatballs by using one sausage and some pork mince plus maybe some veg to bulk them out, like sweet potato or onion (or both) or how about apple and sage.  Or just sausage in a roll with chips.   Yum.

(not to self - Google 'how to make your own sausage meat)

Weigh in today - fingers are crossed.


Yesterday's meal photos

A very tasty breakfast.  I decided to use just one slice of bread for the sarnie because . . .
.. . I decided I rather fancied some croutons on the soup.
Again, this was nice.  I'm definitely making this soup again.
Then I had an apple and an easy peeler.
The cheesy chicken steak was absolutely gorgeous.
I put a bit of tomato, onion, red pepper and mushroom, cut up, in the bottom of a dish, seasoned and with a shake of Montreal steak seasoning.  Then I laid a chicken sizzler (from Aldi but a flattened out chicken breast would work fine too)  on top with another shake of the seasoning before baking at 180 until the veggies were soft and the chicken cooked.  I then added grated cheddar and popped it back in the oven to melt.  A small side salad went perfectly with it.
The day finished off with a Mullerlight
Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
As usual, using 0% yogurt
SW: speed and free

L:  tomato and roasted red pepper soup; fruit
From the freezer, home made.
SW: speed and free

D:  sausage and onion in a roll, chips, coleslaw, salad; yogurt
That's going to be quite a plateful - I might make it one sausage (I've planned for two but, thinking about it, maybe not) and I plan to use half a tsp real oil for the chips (ooh, naughty!!).
SW:  one A for cheese, one B for the roll (or maybe a pitta?), eleven syns if I have two sausages (ouch), one syn for some mustard, one for mayo in the coleslaw, one for half a tsp oil and half a syn for yogurt
(It'll probably be less than that)

E:  a walk, some Lindsey exercises

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
up to fourteen and a half syns (one can have up to fifteen on the SW plan so that's OK - just)



2 comments:

  1. You could have sausage, egg and chips! With beans! mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully intend to at some point but tonight is it sausage burger - or maybe it's a rotund hot dog, who knows? xx

      Delete