Sunday 20 November 2022

Sunday, 20-11-22

Good morning, everyone.
It's going to be a bit of a tempting day today but I'm sure I can cope.  Yesterday I made a batch of puff pastry - well, quick flaky pastry really (what's the difference?) - and today I am using that to make the vegetarian sausage rolls for Christmas.  They will go into the freezer uncooked to be open frozen before bagging.

Also, it is Stir Up Sunday so I'm making the Christmas puds - one tiny one and one bigger one.  The fruit has been soaking in Cointreau overnight.  Mmmmm!

Yesterday's meals:

Lovely baked oats!  I added a little wriggle of Groovy Food Co Agave Chocolate Sauce, so little that it didn't actually register on the scales so I'm calling it half a syn, to be sure.
The soup I dug out of the freezer was leek, broccoli and butter beans and I really must make it again, it was very good.

Afters was a couple of easy peelers.
This was one of my Dad's favourite dinners and yesterday, on his birthday, I celebrated this.
It doesn't look all that amazing but it was so flavoursome and the steak was gorgeous.

I had some red wine to go with it which has probably taken me over syns but never mind.



Today's meal plans:

B:  potato waffle topped with bacon and egg with mushrooms on the side
To me, that sounds like a perfect start to a lazy Sunday.
SW:  two syns for the potato waffle (I use Birds Eye - other brands have different syns so always check)

L:  roast chicken, cranberry sauce, roasted sweet potato and parsnip, sprouts, broccoli and green beans; fruit
I'm not using a whole chicken, just a breast fillet and I'll place some sliced lemon on top and cover that with some bacon before roasting it, probably in Nellie because I can roast the veg in the other drawer and not use the oven at all.
The cranberry sauce will be some frozen cranberries with some sweetener, some orange zest and some apple pie spice mix.  I don't syn fruit just because it's cooked - but that's against SW guidance so it's a personal decision.
SW:  all of this should be syn free unless I make some gravy - I'll decide that later on.  If I do, it will be no more than two syns

D:  cheesy chicken and cranberry toastie or quesadilla, salad; yogurt
I'm assuming that the cranberry sauce is edible and that I remember to set aside a bit of the chicken.  :-)
SW:  one to two healthy extra As, one healthy extra B and half a syn

Exercise:  A Lindsey thing!

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three syns





No comments:

Post a Comment