Wednesday 30 November 2022

Wednesday, 30-11-22 - Christmas Challenge, The Day Before!

Morning.
Do you remember that last year I did a Christmas Challenge where I challenged myself to make something with a festive vibe each day through December until Christmas Eve evening?

It did help, even though things went a bit haywire at the end so I'm going to do it again.

What constitutes 'festive'? Well, I decided . . .
anything from a Christmas Special magazine
anything categorised as 'Christmas' on recipe sites
anything from a Christmas recipe book
anything 'party-ish) - canapés and the like
anything containing cranberries, chestnuts, turkey, ham, smoked salmon . . .

You get the idea, I am sure.

I've looked back to last year's blog entries, made lists, printed out recipes and I'm ready to go, starting tomorrow.  Exciting!
Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was fruit and yogurt, eaten in dribs and drabs throughout the morning so not terribly satisfactory and no photo.  Sometimes days are just like that!

Lunch was soup and marmite toast and I enjoyed it all very, very much indeed.
Afters was a nice, big, juicy orange.  Lovely!


Dinner worked really well - I put the thigh joint on to roast for a while, then added sweet potato, parsnip and onion with spray oil and some fajita spice.  After a while I added some red pepper and some mushroom and popped it back for a bit longer.
The chicken was really big so I had the thigh part and will have the drumstick for lunch today with what's left of the roasted veg.
I finished off with a yogurt.

And that would have been fine, had I not decided to sample some spiced damson gin I am making.  I really should know better as it triggered more eating - cheese and some flaked almonds (not together).  Oh well, moving on . . .



Today's meal plans:

B:  gingerbread porridge with fruit and yogurt
I need something quick and this fits the bill nicely.
SW:  one healthy extra B and four syns plus half a syn for yogurt

L:  chicken and roasted veg with tomatoes and mushrooms
I will speed this up with the tomatoes and mushrooms and I'm really looking forward to it.
SW:  should be syn free

D:  teriyaki salmon, salad; yogurt
I have to have something quick as I'll be eating later than usual, annoyingly.  This is another of the SW ready meals I bought last week.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

E:  personal training

Summary:
no healthy extra As (but after yesterday, I'm not that concerned)
one healthy extra B
five syns

No comments:

Post a Comment