Wednesday 23 November 2022

Wednesday, 23-11-22

 Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meals:

Cinnamon apple baked oats for breakfast and it was so delicious.  Another syn for the choccy sauce.
I now put everything together (oats, egg, small pinch baking powder and yogurt) and blend them all up so the batter is quite smooth - it makes for a more cakey texture.  Not real cake but much closer than keeping the oats whole.
Lunch was supposed to be a soup but it came out much thicker so was more like a vegetable and bean stew.  It had onion, sweet potato, squash, carrot, cannellini beans, chopped tomatoes, pasta, stock and seasonings.
It was so good.

There's some left over and I think it will be nice next week with some meat added - chicken, sausages, meatballs - whatever I have.
Dinner was OK.  Nothing special but very acceptable and salmon is always tasty.  I don't think I will do this particular one again.

I finished off with a yogurt and then an apple because I fancied one!  The apples in the shops are good at the moment, I am finding.



Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I have melon, kiwi, easy peelers, banana and apple so I should be able to have a nice selection of fruit.
SW:  half a syn

L:  cheese, marmite and onion toast, fruit
I will toast the bread with some spray oil to make it go crunchy before spreading marmite, onion chutney and cheese and melting the cheese under the grill
SW:  one healthy extra A, one healthy extra B and half a syn for the chutney

D:  chorizo and black bean loaded sweet potato boats, salad; yogurt
I found this recipe in a Sainsbury's magazine.  It's actually plant based but I will use real chorizo,  garlic granules and primula cheese - not the same but it will do.
Here's the recipe.
https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/mains/chorizo-and-black-bean-loaded-sweet-potato-boats
SW:  the chorizo will be about four syns (I will weigh it properly when I get it out of the freezer), the soft cheese will be within a healthy extra A and the yogurt is half a syn

Exercise:  personal training

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
around five and a half syns


No comments:

Post a Comment