Monday 14 November 2022

Monday, 14-11-22

Hello, everyone
Monday, new week, and I'm really pleased that the weekend went without a hitch.  Yes, I had the gin on Friday evening but used flexible syns and it didn't cause any other issues (apart from a slight headache Saturday morning lol)
Yesterday's photos:

Doesn't this look naughty?  One syn, that's all - half for the 2% yogurt and a cheeky half for some Groovy Food chocolate and raspberry sauce.
How I enjoyed it.
The first of the little pork joints I got from that long joint I bought in Sainsbury's.  There's enough left for two more meals so, at £2.50 a joint, I reckon that's not bad value at the moment.

I've never had them together before so was delighted to find that my low syn onion and cranberry chutney goes absolutely beautifully with roast pork.
This was a delicious plateful and I left the fruit until later on in the afternoon - it was the same as breakfast but plan, no yogurt or sauce.

OK, so I know it looks a right mess but this 'sort of enchilada' was absolutely lovely.
I used leftover roasted parsnip and sweet potato, thinly sliced roast pork and some tomatoes, halved.  I warmed it all up in the pan and then added a bit of tomato sauce from the freezer.  The I tried to roll it up in a wrap but there was too much filling so it ended up looking like a badly wrapped present!
Not to worry, I got it, seam down, into a dish, poured over the rest of the tomato sauce (there wasn't much) and topped it with one As worth of grated lower fat cheddar before popping in in Nellie on Bake for about twelve minutes.
I spent another half syn on a drizzle of salad cream but the payback was that I was too full for dessert so it was all evens as far as syns was concerned!

I've really loved today's food - if I didn't know Slimming World, I would say it was all too delicious to lose weigh on.

Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  half a syn for 2% yogurt

L:  pork 'ploughman's' with trimmings
In other words, loads of bits and bobs - leftover pork, pitta (maybe), beetroot, pickled onion, coleslaw, hm chutney, celery and other salady stuff . . .
(I'm being brave - I've always hated picked onions but maybe it is time to give them another go)
SW:  one healthy extra B; one syn for two tbsp hm onion chutney

D:  broccoli and cauliflower macaroni cheese; side salad maybe; yogurt
I have veg left over from yesterday (I deliberately did too much)
Mix together one egg yolk with some grated cheese, garlic granules and seasonings.
Spray fry some sliced onion and some mushroom until soft, and boil some pasta.
Drain the pasta, retaining some of the cooking water (very important).  Preheat the grill.
Spread the vegetables, including the onion over the bottom of an ovenproof dish and season if needed.  
Put the cooked pasta back in the hot pan and gently mix in the egg/cheese mixture with enough of the cooking water to make a nice custard.  You might need to put the pan back on the heat but be careful - you don't want to scramble the egg but turn it into a savoury custard - it's the same as a carbonara really.
Spread the cheesy sauce covered pasta over the veg, sprinkle some grated cheese over and pop under the grill to melt the cheese.
Serve with a simple side salad.
(I honestly don't know if this will really work - the grill bit might be too hot for the cheesy custard.  Worth a go though and it should still taste OK, even if the texture is wonky.)
SW:  up to two healthy extra As; half a syn for the yogurt

E:  circuits

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two syns




2 comments:

  1. I haven't even got up yet and my mouth is watering. It all sounds so tasty. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > Thanks, Cherie. If today is as tasty as yesterday, I will be a happy bunny, for sure. xx

      Delete