Monday 28 November 2022

Monday, 28-11-22

Good morning to you!
New week and I lit the first advent candle as yesterday was the first Sunday in Advent.  I am terribly tempted to use it as an excuse to start using my Christmas china instead of waiting until Thursday.  You know what - I think I will!


Yesterday's meal photos:

This was really nice.  I was pleased to see that there are a few more fillets in the freezer that ought to be used up reasonably soon.
Kedgeree, anyone?  I've found a SW recipe!


I really love a roast dinner - and so does Alex.
I didn't do apple sauce as my onion and cranberry chutney has a sweet vibe and seems to go with just about everything.  Alex seemed to agree - he took a great big spoonful of it and I can see I am going to have to make some more soon - which means a stinky old house for several days.  Oh, well, it is what it is and the pong goes eventually.


Later on in the afternoon, I had an easy peeler and a few grapes - well, maybe more than a few.


This was all leftovers, a lovely big bowl of goodness and deliciousness and the leftover pork definitely added to it in a good way.

A yogurt finished off the day's eating.
Today's plans:

B:  Protein World gingerbread porridge, fruit, yogurt
This is what I was really looking for when I went onto the Protein World site; the pancake powder was an impulse additional buy!
As with the pancakes, it's not listed on the SW site so I will sent off the details they need but, to be honest, I will look at the calories per portion and count six of them as a B because - well, oats!  Extra calories will be counted as 20 to one syn.
You can make it up with water so that's what I intend to do, as I did with the pancake.
SW:  one healthy extra B plus four syns and maybe half a syn for the yogurt, depending on what yogurt I use.

L:  aloo gobi; fruit
This is one of the SW ready meals I got from Iceland last week.  I've got to start using them up, haven't I?  I was hoping to add some leftover pork but there wasn't any - maybe I have something in the freezer or I could have it as it comes, of course.
As with all SW ready meals, the recipe will be on the packaging somewhere - I think that's so helpful.
SW:  as with most SW meals, this is syn free

D:  Italian sausages with lentils and spinach; yogurt
This is from the November edition of Olive and it sounds tasty as well as worthy!  I will use chicken Italia chipolatas and I have cans of lentils that aren't getting used so - today they are!  I might skip the spinach as it's not a particular favourite and swap in some broccoli , perhaps.  I will also add my favourites, mushrooms and pepper, just because . . .
Providing I use spray oil, this recipe will be syn free which is nice.
Sorry, the recipe doesn't seem to be online
SW:  half a syn for yogurt

Exercise:  circuits class today

Summary:
no healthy extra As - hmmm, I've missed as few of those recently.  
one healthy extra B
five syns (or 11, if you think I am being naughty with the porridge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment