Saturday 5 November 2022

Saturday, 05-11-22

Good morning to you!  

Group went well yesterday.  I lost four pounds (some would have been fluid adjustment, of course) and I won the raffle.  Because the Slimmer of the Week and the next one down didn't stay for group, the SoW hamper was my raffle prize and it was a really good one.

All speed/free food apart from the two bars which count as a healthy extra B and I can make a lot of meals from this haul.

Yesterday's meal photos


I had breakfast at the taster session at group.  There wasn't an awful lot brought in (not everyone can afford to, for a start) but there were two soups, some weetabix cake, some jelly, some little cakes and my fruit platter and yogurt.
Sadly, I didn't really fancy soup at that time of the day, but I had some weetabix cake, a little cake (fat free and sweetener so OK) and loads of my fruit and yogurt because that's what I really love!!
Jen took this photo of my offering.
This was lunch.  Well, I couldn't waste the fruit, could I?
As for the other, it was 'do I make croutons for a soup I wasn't going to have or the two bars that also make a healthy extra B that, realistically, I knew I would eat before midnight anyway?'

Exactly.

The soup is now in the freezer.

The sweet and sour chicken for dinner was really lovely, well worth the four syns for the sauce.  I couldn't be bothered to make egg fried rice and just had it plain.  Now I have discovered a way of cooking rice that really works for me, I am no longer bothering with pouches of the cooked stuff.

Hopefully the rest of the sauce will freeze OK because that is where it's heading!

No yogurt - instead I polished off the grapes I bought for the taster and which were leftovers.

I did get my healthy extra As worth of calcium by nibbling some cheese so my As and Bs were fine by the end of the day.



Today's plans

B:  fruit
I had planned for waffles with fruit and yogurt until I remembered that it's our SW Group walk this morning so it's just fruit - I take it with me and have it when we stop for coffee.
SW:  speed and free, no syns

L:  jacket potato with salad cream and cheddar, coleslaw, salad; fruit
I dearly love a mix of salad cream and cheese mashed with potato - it might sound yurk but it isn't!  
SW:  two syns for salad cream and one for mayo in the coleslaw plus one and a half healthy extra As (no stinginess with the cheese)

D:  cheesy cottage pie, veg; yogurt
I will bake two potatoes at lunchtime and use the second one to top some of my cooked basic mince from the freezer, probably with added veg and maybe some red lentils to bulk it out.
SW:  I feel cheesy today so the other half of the second healthy extra A plus another three syns for another 15g (I might use less, of course).  Half a syn for yogurt and the rest is syn free.

E:  a walk

Summary: 
two healthy extra As
no healthy extra B
six and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment